Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-23-2007, 07:27 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times

Advertisements

JB my moms friend is going through that now however as the were getting a oil delivery they went down to the basement of the house and well oil spill I believe that has been leaking HOWEVER get this, they have to condem the house no im not kidding they live in Marlboro I know these people all my life and well god knows where they are going to live , but they tried to do the right thing and something with the town and the insurance anyway, the homeowners ins wont cover it and they have no money..the house is a 35 yr old home....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 02:47 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
In Dec. I had my non-leaking 550 gallon tank dug up and had a new above ground 275 gallon tank installed. Better safe than sorry.

Old 01-24-2007, 07:03 AM

146 posts, read 909,788 times
JBROWN

LOLOLOL I can't believe you pulled the tank out and cut it up!!! LOLOL

Yeah these towns are nuts. I called and asked my town about the frig and they said to make an appointment with them and they will pick it up. But we decided to keep our frig another year until we plan the move to NC.

But if they don't pick it up I will pull it out with a chain and hack it into pieces. LOL

Old 01-24-2007, 07:26 AM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,936 times
Actually you could make it the center piece of a fun afternoon.

Put some burgers on the grill,ice up some brews, leave some implements of destruction laying around, get the cam corder set up, and then watch hubby and some of his buddies go at it. Seems to me you'd have a sure fire winner for Americas funniest Home Videos.

PS. Let me know if I can help

Old 01-24-2007, 10:51 AM

1,800 posts, read 5,718,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBrown View Post
Actually you could make it the center piece of a fun afternoon.

Put some burgers on the grill,ice up some brews, leave some implements of destruction laying around, get the cam corder set up, and then watch hubby and some of his buddies go at it. Seems to me you'd have a sure fire winner for Americas funniest Home Videos.

PS. Let me know if I can help
LOL! If it doesn't snow this weekend, maybe I'll have ya'll over for a "refrigerator-cut-and-destroy" party. Either that or I'll rent a truck and put it next to one of the toll booths on the Garden State Parkway. Actually, no I have a better idea. Does anyone know where Mr. McGreevy moved to? I have a refrigerator delivery for him. A small "thank you" for all the great things he's done for our state.

Old 01-24-2007, 12:37 PM

7,937 posts, read 20,385,300 times
LOL very funny all of you....I needed a laugh today

Old 02-11-2007, 08:30 PM

59 posts, read 241,525 times
In my town(Bloomfield) they usually tell you large applainces should be set out on a Tuesday. Then the garbageman comes early Tuesday and picks it up. Another truck comes behind him to take the regular garbage, and then the recycling guy comes a few hours later. By constract, in my formenr and hometown(Montclair) requires a homeowner to purchase a permit for any appliance or related object that is being discarded. Montclair does not have private carting service, so I think you are actually paying for someone to pick up heavy objects. When I first moved to Bloomfield, I called the town to remove an old refridgerator left by previous owner, a large pile of hedges pulled out of my front lawn, and some sheetrock, scrap wood & other construction materials. The woman at the town hall just told me to leave it out front on the first garbage day of the week. (Bloomfield has garbage pickup twice weekely). I come home and it's all gone. Bloomfield has private carting service, and I never have to worry about anything being left in front of my house. By compairson, when I lived in Montclair, the garbage men would leave recycling behind if it they saw one thing in the can that was not supposed to be there. Montclair taxes keep going up, and services keep declining. My taxes have gone up, but I can kind of see where my money is going.

Old 03-04-2007, 11:42 AM

1 posts, read 2,562 times
Default Disposing of Hazaed Waste

Some of you people amaze with what total idiots you are. Disposing of home heating oil or any hazardous waste illegally just to save a buck is simply being a cheap idiot who cares only about their wallet. I had an oil tank removed from my property, did it properly with all of the necessary inspections and paid the bill. I did right and can sit back and feel good knowing that I did not polute or add to the pollution problems we have throughout this country. My neighbor, the slob he is, figured he'd save a few hundred and dug up his tank and pumped the remaining oil into drums. He then cut the tank in half. Because the tank wasn't cleaned he couldn't dispose it and a winter storm filled it with ice. The idiot then busted the ice to chunks and left them in the road next to the storm drain. The drain empties to a stream behind my house and I am now signing criminal complaints against my neighbor. I would also sign them against anyone else that I see or could prove has disposed of any contaminent or hazmat illegally.

Old 03-04-2007, 01:30 PM

3 posts, read 11,725 times
Default I'm not condoning this...

Down here in SJ, most of the towns are good about picking up refrigerators and such at least once a month. (You pay $14K in taxes and they won't take it? Sheesh.) But I have heard of some people pulling up to schoolgrounds late at night and unloading their appliances onto the schoolground, knowing that someone would have to pick it up. I am NOT condoning this, and think it's horrible. BUT, when towns refuse to provide services, they run the risk that people will do something like that.

Also, don't you have any junkmen where you live? Most of the time, when I put an appliance out for my town to take it, the junkmen grab it and sell it at the scrap metal centers in Camden and/or Vineland. My town's garbagemen never get a chance to take it!

Old 03-04-2007, 03:20 PM

2,819 posts, read 10,404,670 times
Holy crap. $14,000 per year in Sussex County, up in the far NW hinterland?
God Jersey must be going nuts. If 14k is the going rate in Sussex I can hardly imagine what the rate is in Essex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey