Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 06:21 AM

505 posts, read 1,762,048 times

Advertisements

The title says it all!

My wife and I went out to eat last night and we were heading to 17 Main, one of , if not our favorite place to eat in Denville and were shocked to find that it was out of business!!!

To those who haven't eaten there you will not notice, but for those who did, is there any information on why they closed or if they relocated? We always thought their food was reasonably prices and very well prepared.

Then again, I hope they didn't close because of a health code violation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 06:22 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,599,430 times
I lived in Denville for almost 3 yrs. and I have no idea where this place is? Is that the name of the place or just the address?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:28 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
No idea, but I'm not surprised. I never ever saw anybody in there.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:38 AM

4,231 posts, read 15,418,446 times
Not familiar w/ it but I want to try Sogo on 46 in Denville sometime. Has anyone been there? Was very disappointed when the Banzai suddenly closed, curious how it compares. Also was disappointed that Bennigans in Parsippany abruptly closed recently, they had just emailed us coupons a few days before and then it was gone, they sure had good burgers (and salads etc).

Old 08-25-2008, 07:01 AM

If that cafe still open on Diamond Spring Road? Mezo Mezo maybe? They had the best wild mushroom raviolis with gorganzola cheese sauce!

Old 08-25-2008, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
I lived in Denville for almost 3 yrs. and I have no idea where this place is? Is that the name of the place or just the address?
It is right next to Mara's Dessert Place in Denville and if heading East, you would take the right most road at the clock-tower to get there.

It's funny, after we couldnt go to 17 Main, we ended up going to Sogo. They totally changed the interior- it is a lot swankier than it once was. You pretty much hva e the option of hibachi or sushi. We had the hibachi and you get a LOT of food.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguylehigh View Post
It is right next to Mara's Dessert Place in Denville and if heading East, you would take the right most road at the clock-tower to get there.

It's funny, after we couldnt go to 17 Main, we ended up going to Sogo. They totally changed the interior- it is a lot swankier than it once was. You pretty much hva e the option of hibachi or sushi. We had the hibachi and you get a LOT of food.
It's on Diamond Spring across from a bank..just before the turn off for St. Claires. The food was excellent! BYOB as well..

Has anyone tried that Japanese Buffet place on Rt. 10 yet? Looks HUGE!

Old 08-25-2008, 08:21 AM

Quote:
It's on Diamond Spring across from a bank..just before the turn off for St. Claires. The food was excellent! BYOB as well..

Has anyone tried that Japanese Buffet place on Rt. 10 yet? Looks HUGE!
Are you referring to Minado? If so then yes, I have eaten there for lunch. The Chinese food there is so-so, but the sushi area is an assembly line! It is all you can eat sushi and they must have an army of a dozen workers preparing sushi and putting it out. Their turnover rate is so rapid that it has to be relatively fresh and the quality was quite good considering you aren't in NYC.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallguylehigh View Post
Are you referring to Minado? If so then yes, I have eaten there for lunch. The Chinese food there is so-so, but the sushi area is an assembly line! It is all you can eat sushi and they must have an army of a dozen workers preparing sushi and putting it out. Their turnover rate is so rapid that it has to be relatively fresh and the quality was quite good considering you aren't in NYC.
I'll pass on the sushi.. I'm a hibatchi gal ...We have been meaning to give that place a try. I'll have to check it out.

Old 08-25-2008, 08:46 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,105 times
Quote:

!
Cafe Metro maybe?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey