Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2008, 07:35 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,948,569 times

Advertisements

I really wonder about why Autism is so much more prevalent today - I don't know (I mean, I don't know for real...) if it is vaccines or something environmental. I think we are really destroying our environment and we will see lots of bad things as a result... but that is only my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
I really wonder about why Autism is so much more prevalent today - I don't know (I mean, I don't know for real...) if it is vaccines or something environmental. I think we are really destroying our environment and we will see lots of bad things as a result... but that is only my opinion.
i wonder about that too, along with peanut allergies. my brother has a peanut allergy, but he was the exception, not the rule back in the day. he's the only one i know of that is around "our age" with that allergy. now, it seems literally 30% of kids have it in some form.

one reason for autism may be better diagnosis than years past, plus now you have a wide spectrum, which didn't exist then.

Old 09-03-2008, 07:48 PM

And ADHD... that's another. I know that may be over diagnosed, but still... it is nuts how much more there is.

Old 09-03-2008, 11:32 PM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
From what I understand autism was not always diagnosed as autism...back in the day it was diagnosed as mental retardation or something along the lines of a mental disease.

Now that there is a better understanding how autism presents itself and the "symptoms"...there is a higher diagnosis rate b/c it now it is has been qualified.

Kind of like being bi-polar..back in "the day" you got yourself a lobotomy (or burned at the stake). Today, you can be put on meds. It's better understood and documented and treated.

Where autism comes from? The annals say it's most likely genetic. But noone is sure...is there an allergen that causes it? Is it a genetic disease?

From what I know, clinically, more children than not present the symptoms of autism earlier than the age of 2. I have yet to find a parent who has NOT had some concerns regarding their child PRE-2 years of age when after the age of 2 autism can be a diagnosis.

And here's the funny thing...DIET (change in) has worked wonders for many autistic children. The kinetic diet is a little harsh, but food sensitivity will and can alter brain function.

Old 09-04-2008, 12:11 AM

1,915 posts, read 3,485,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
This is the biggest problem:

"Children age 6 months to 59 months entering accredited preschools this year must now receive an annual influenza shot."

Since they haven't removed mercury from most of the flu shots and mercury is known toxin that has been removed from most other shots. Corslime said he wouldn't sign a law requiring a mandatory flu shot until they were all mercury free but then the pharmaceutical companies started lobbying and look where we ended up.

IMO - anyone who injects their kid with a shot containing mercury is ill-informed at best.
What type of mercury are you speaking of? Methyl? Ethyl? Thimerosal?

The vaccinations don't contain methyl mercury, which is industrial mercury (break your thermometer...little silver balls running around?...eat a fish...methyl mercury). What vaccines may still contain is thimerosal - which isn't too pretty either, in the scheme of things, but harmless in the quantity given per vaccine.

A flu shot has 25 micrograms of ethyl mercury...the vaccination schedule more than accounts for the time needed for a child to expel the mercury (through poop...4 days) from one round of vaccinations to another.

In a group of children from CA whose parents used only "mercury free" vax's...still had an alarmingingly high rate of autism.

A study was done in Eu years and years ago...no vaccinations for one small group of children and vaccinations for another small group of kids The vax free kids ended up with a higher rate of autism than the vaxed kids did.

Do you reserach...on BOTH sides of the coin. You're truly not informed until you do...b/c there is no proof that vaccinations have done anything other than save lives.

The true issue is that we live in a very populated country. You don't want to vax...don't bring your kid to my school b/c I don't want the measles to affect my unborn baby...or my 7 month old who hasn't had his full round of the MMR yet. These diseases may seem simple and easy to take care of...it's the underlying conditions that people have that kill them. It's not the mumps...it's complications from the mumps ...or your un-vaxed kid sneezes his measles/chicken pox/flu all over an immuno-compromised person trying to have a good day at Wal-Mart and sends that chemo-patient or HIV on the verge of full blown Aids into CHF/pneumonia.

The informed know the difference between "mercury" and what really is in vaccines and how it affects anyone given it's half-life.

It's always a big-business conspiracy when it comes to vaccines...noone looks back at the plague, small-pox, TB, etc. and the complete devestation caused by these highly contagious diseases. Sanitation in 3rd world countries has not improved. (as many aniti-vaxer's claim is why disease disappeared in the few years after vaccinations were invented in the US)..they're getting vaxed, thanks to the WHO. Stop vaccinating...watch the diseases that come back and do so in full-force.

Old 09-04-2008, 04:50 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyG View Post
What type of mercury are you speaking of? Methyl? Ethyl? Thimerosal?

The vaccinations don't contain methyl mercury, which is industrial mercury (break your thermometer...little silver balls running around?...eat a fish...methyl mercury). What vaccines may still contain is thimerosal - which isn't too pretty either, in the scheme of things, but harmless in the quantity given per vaccine.

A flu shot has 25 micrograms of ethyl mercury...the vaccination schedule more than accounts for the time needed for a child to expel the mercury (through poop...4 days) from one round of vaccinations to another.

In a group of children from CA whose parents used only "mercury free" vax's...still had an alarmingingly high rate of autism.

A study was done in Eu years and years ago...no vaccinations for one small group of children and vaccinations for another small group of kids The vax free kids ended up with a higher rate of autism than the vaxed kids did.

Do you reserach...on BOTH sides of the coin. You're truly not informed until you do...b/c there is no proof that vaccinations have done anything other than save lives.

The true issue is that we live in a very populated country. You don't want to vax...don't bring your kid to my school b/c I don't want the measles to affect my unborn baby...or my 7 month old who hasn't had his full round of the MMR yet. These diseases may seem simple and easy to take care of...it's the underlying conditions that people have that kill them. It's not the mumps...it's complications from the mumps ...or your un-vaxed kid sneezes his measles/chicken pox/flu all over an immuno-compromised person trying to have a good day at Wal-Mart and sends that chemo-patient or HIV on the verge of full blown Aids into CHF/pneumonia.

The informed know the difference between "mercury" and what really is in vaccines and how it affects anyone given it's half-life.

It's always a big-business conspiracy when it comes to vaccines...noone looks back at the plague, small-pox, TB, etc. and the complete devestation caused by these highly contagious diseases. Sanitation in 3rd world countries has not improved. (as many aniti-vaxer's claim is why disease disappeared in the few years after vaccinations were invented in the US)..they're getting vaxed, thanks to the WHO. Stop vaccinating...watch the diseases that come back and do so in full-force.

Yes the flu shot contains 25 micrograms - or 50,000 parts per billion - of mercury. The EPA classifies a liquid with 200 parts per billion of mercury as hazardous waste. The limit for drinking water is 2 parts per billion.

Using the standards set for methyl mercury consumption - the kind that's in fish - an average 130-pound person getting the flu shot would exceed the daily limit by more than four times. A 22-pound baby would get more than 25 times the amount of mercury considered safe.

Also a child is not taking this in orally. The stomach enzymes have no chance to break it down. It is being injected directly into the blood stream, which makes the situation even more serious.

Even the CDC agreed that injecting mercury containing vaccines into children was "unwise" which is why they moved to remove mercury from other shots given to children.

Old 09-04-2008, 09:37 AM

This is on the topic

http://www.northjersey.com/betterliving/health/Vaccine.html (http://www.northjersey.com/education/educationnews/North_Jersey_schools_rate_near_top_on_magazine_lis t.html - broken link)

Old 09-04-2008, 10:13 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish Eyes View Post
How about requiring vaccines for people coming into the country?
We do, people entering legally are not the problem! How does one go about vaccinating someone sneaking in

Old 09-04-2008, 10:54 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,932,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
We do, people entering legally are not the problem! How does one go about vaccinating someone sneaking in
I wonder what they require now.... When I came here years and years ago they made me get an aids test and a TB test but that was it.

Old 09-04-2008, 10:57 AM

13,400 posts, read 28,717,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UKOK View Post
I wonder what they require now.... When I came here years and years ago they made me get an aids test and a TB test but that was it.
Depends on where you are coming from, Europe, they do not require much
Afrika some of the So American countries, parts of the Caribbean they require more

This is for people wanting to live here not tourists
Only vac a tourist needs is if they have been in a yellow fever area with 6 months of wanting to visit

Last edited by njkate; 09-04-2008 at 11:08 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: