Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-06-2011, 08:25 AM

1,247 posts, read 3,024,749 times

Advertisements

It is a large town of about 75,000 so some sections are better than others. I believe the north side (08724) section is typically more desirable than the south side (08723). Princeton Ave is kinda in the middle so I am not sure which zip covers it.

A friend of ours just bought a house off Cedar Bridge Ave near Brick Blvd and they love it. Close to the beach, easy access to the Parkway and Rt 70. Very nice area.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2011, 06:56 PM

8,877 posts, read 13,911,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HubCityMadMan View Post
It is a large town of about 75,000 so some sections are better than others. I believe the north side (08724) section is typically more desirable than the south side (08723). Princeton Ave is kinda in the middle so I am not sure which zip covers it.

A friend of ours just bought a house off Cedar Bridge Ave near Brick Blvd and they love it. Close to the beach, easy access to the Parkway and Rt 70. Very nice area.
I haven't lived in Brick for almost 25 years, but I still visit on occasion. If I recall, the zip code boundaries for the main part of town (not including the Strip) is the Metedeconk River and Forge Pond. Thus Princeton Ave is part of the 08724 side of town.

I agree that the 08724 side of town is more desireable as well, but thats jusy my own biased opinion.

Old 06-07-2011, 05:47 AM

2,908 posts, read 3,872,385 times
I spent a good deal of my childhood in Brick. It is a blue collar town that has a struggling school system. To be frank, it has turned into Staten Island south. Quite a change from its days when it was known as Bricktucky.

Old 07-03-2011, 03:29 PM

2 posts, read 5,088 times
Default Lived in Brick for over 50 years

and it was NEVER referred to as Bricktucky until you North Jersey people said it

It has changed a lot- more traffic, more strip malls (empty ones) and very crowded- went to school in Brick as did my children- all have college degrees from great universities and doing well so I guess the schools are what you make of them!

Would I start here again? Probably not- I like Monmouth County much more-

BUT Brick is a good place still to raise a family-

Old 02-23-2016, 12:20 AM

48 posts, read 71,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ-127 View Post
I really like the town of Brick and recenlty almost bought a house there until I found out about the water contamination. I read that the Brick water supply is/was contimanited leading to an increase in Autism and Cancer in many residents. The reason being the Brick Resevoir for which water is supplied to the town was built over an old landfill, and this area is on the state's Superfund site for cleanup. It makes sense that you can only cleanup so much of this sight with there still being potential of soil contamination resurfacing. Is anyone in Brick concerned about the water supply? Why are so many homes for sale in the past couple of years? Is everyone getting sick and moving out of this area??

Uh oh, Angelo John Gage wont be able to have children who are extremely high functioning then on top of his vaccines to his child .

Old 01-13-2017, 05:52 PM

2 posts, read 3,707 times
Im from NJ & the people are nasty mean greedy ****s...sorry..**** u
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey