Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 12:46 PM

526 posts, read 1,391,814 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
550 tickets @ $1000 each... 1 in 550 chance of winning a house??? Not a bad gamble!! Any takers?
I am too conservative for a gamble like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-18-2008, 01:32 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesBoyer View Post
I am too conservative for a gamble like that.
How can you be a realtor then??? That's a HUGE career gamble if you ask me!!!

Old 09-18-2008, 01:33 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
w/ this economy, I'd say go w/ 1100 tickets at $500. People can't afford to gamble $1000 nowdays.
Ok..so youre in then .

Old 09-18-2008, 01:38 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times
Quote:
Ok..so youre in then .
Sure, let me put that $500 on layaway.

Old 09-18-2008, 02:16 PM

526 posts, read 1,391,814 times
Quote:
How can you be a realtor then??? That's a HUGE career gamble if you ask me!!!
I mean on spending a $1000 on a ticket on the chance that I might win. Yes being a REALTOR is a big gamble, but it is a situation where is you are well funded, well informed, smart about how you market to people, and always take a long term approach you can succeed.

It is a big gamble to become a REALTOR for most because they come into it with out relevant experence, without 6 to 12 months living expenses in the bank, and above all else without a plan or clue of what it really takes to make it. Did you know that for every class of 30 people getting their real estate license 29 of them are out of the business within 12 months, and that is the long term average. The numbers that many don't know are that only about 1 out of 30 who make it through their first year, make it through their second year.

Another interesting number, in any given year 65% of the REALTORS will spend more money on being a REALTOR than they make. In New Jersey you have to get to the top 7% or 8% of REALTORS before you find any that are making even 60K. For New Jersey 60K is nothing!!

Another interesting number that I heard recently, 80% of the homes which are listed and expire without selling at any given time were listed by a friend or relative who did not have to interview for the listing in the first place.

The barrier to becoming licensed as a real estate agent is set very very low, almost anyone can take the class and pass the test.

The barrier to becoming a successful REALTOR is very high, and very few actually make it.

I can name 12 REALTOR or REALTOR teams who do 80% of all the listings in Essex County, that is a lot of listings. I cannot name the other several thousand REALTORS in Essex County.

Old 09-19-2008, 04:20 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
I want considerably less than that for my house. I would have to sell a lot of tickets to get what I want, but the price would be low.
I'm actually considering this. I have a friend that's a printer so that wouldn't cost me anything. Not a bad idea.
May get me close to my modular idea a little quicker.

Old 02-04-2014, 03:37 PM

10 posts, read 35,466 times
Hi guys,

Does anyone know of any good modular home builder/SIPS company? We are looking to probably build in Voorhees Twnship, N.J., so it would be good if the company wasn't very far from there. If anyone has had a modular home built, can you please share your experiences, and any advice you have. Also, does anyone know of certain banks that give construction loans for modular homes? Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey