Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2008, 05:01 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,422,612 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Which one? Whitehouse or Home Goods? If it's Home Goods..they are a chain - we have one in Budd lake - Rt. 46 west bound side
If it's Whitehouse furniture, they're located on route 46 west bound in Fairfield. :::ehem::: if you want same quality furniture at a lower cost try Hackettstown Trading Post in Hackettstown (shameless plug)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2008, 05:07 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
If it's Whitehouse furniture, they're located on route 46 west bound in Fairfield. :::ehem::: if you want same quality furniture at a lower cost try Hackettstown Trading Post in Hackettstown (shameless plug)
actually something just came up and we will see how good their customer service really is!!! I have a leather couch and I see some color rubbing off and this should not happen, so I am calling today for a repair, its quite obvious and a problem so lets see how honestly good they are, this out to be interesting!!! I am expecting the worst!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
actually something just came up and we will see how good their customer service really is!!! I have a leather couch and I see some color rubbing off and this should not happen, so I am calling today for a repair, its quite obvious and a problem so lets see how honestly good they are, this out to be interesting!!! I am expecting the worst!
From who? Whitehouse? they should have an in house repair guy available for stuff like that, I know HTP does.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:15 AM

5,616 posts, read 15,520,111 times
I hope so, I got a problem with the leather couch, and I am now really going to see if they are going to solve my problem. This is the true test! I will fill you in because if I am not happy with the way they fix this or tell me to blow, I am going to delete all my positives, this is the true test here.

Old 09-29-2008, 05:17 AM

1,908 posts, read 4,983,129 times
How can they repair color coming off? Seal it with something? Just curious cuz I just bought 2 leather chairs. (from neither location)

Old 09-29-2008, 05:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I hope so, I got a problem with the leather couch, and I am now really going to see if they are going to solve my problem. This is the true test! I will fill you in because if I am not happy with the way they fix this or tell me to blow, I am going to delete all my positives, this is the true test here.
:::doing the evil eye so WHF screws up::::

Old 09-29-2008, 05:25 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
:::doing the evil eye so WHF screws up::::
She should have gone to HTP ... tell the wife, if..ok "when" we sell, we'll be by for all new stuff! I love HTP!

Old 09-29-2008, 05:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
She should have gone to HTP ... tell the wife, if..ok "when" we sell, we'll be by for all new stuff! I love HTP!
Wiley, she'll love that and I tell you that DW will help you design/decorate any room at no extra cost if you'd like. She'll help you pick from wall colors to fabrics to furniture style and brand all depending on your specs of course. I know I'm bias but DW is the best

Old 09-29-2008, 05:49 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Wiley, she'll love that and I tell you that DW will help you design/decorate any room at no extra cost if you'd like. She'll help you pick from wall colors to fabrics to furniture style and brand all depending on your specs of course. I know I'm bias but DW is the best
That would be fabulous! Living with a European gets interesting..they do love their bright colours!!!! I'm a neutral kind of gal... B&C likes red...blue..pink..you name it, we've got it on our walls. She's also a "minimalist...no knick knacks..no photos or pictures on the walls!! Her apt. or flat I should say in Scotland was painted Bright Orange with painted blue wooden floors . It was ok for over there but not here! I'll definately take her up on that offer

Old 09-29-2008, 06:20 AM

505 posts, read 1,762,645 times
I have a very odd recommendation with regards to a furniture store.

The company is called Greenfront and it is located in VA. Without exaggeration, this is a furniture store/empire that has grown to the size of a small town. They have tons and tons of stuff down there.

Now, I am not saying go down there, what I am saying, and what my parents did was this:

+You go to a furniture store and you find something you are looking for.
+Get the information on the piece (brand, model #, etc) and give Greenfront a call. +They will give you a quote right over the phone

Now you may roll your eyes, but the savings are staggering.

Two cases:
1.) My parents were looking at a leather sofa, chair and ottoman set at a furniture store here in NJ. Like I said, they got all the information, called Greenfront and got everything, sofa, chair and ottoman for the price of just the sofa in the furniture store.
2.) I was looking at getting a leather armchair. Again, called a store in NJ to get a price quote. Now I had no idea about the price so I was a little suprised. The chair originally retailed for $3500. He said that they take off 35%, family owned for 100 years, yadda, yadda, yadda, so the chair is around $2600. Knowing it was out of my price range, but still curious, I called Greenfront to see if they could beat that. Their price for the chair was $1600, $1000 less than the 35% off quote I received!!!

Delivery is a flat fee, so whether you order a sofa or 12 pieces of furniture, its only like $200.

Here is the link for anyone interested:
Green Front Furniture - Superior Quality Furnishings
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey