Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-15-2008, 01:24 PM

20 posts, read 40,205 times

Advertisements

We are researching a move to either Essex or Bergen counties and would like to rent an apartment at first. We would like to get more information on schools/cut off dates. My daughter is now in Kindergarten in nyc private school (cut off is 12/31) and has a late october birthday. I found out that in NJ the cut off date is before her birthday but we would not want her to repeat kindergarten if we move. She is academically on track and even beyond in some areas as her current classmates. So far I got a lot of conflicting information where some people say that as long as she completes kindergarten a NJ school would have to admit her to 1st grade, while others say no way that she would have to repeat. When I call schools, they tell me that I have to call when we are ready to enroll her and that there is no competency testing available. So they are not really answering my question. So I would like to find out from someone who either knows the facts or if you can recommend a resource where this is written down in a way of "If your child is _______, then you have to do this _________.

Another thing, is that we would like to move to a building complex rather than an apartment in a private home or a high rise. Although a high rise is definitely an option.

Any suggestions are welcome.

Thanks,
D
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey