Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 02:52 PM

4 posts, read 29,201 times

Advertisements

Hi, I am looking at homes in Westwood, can someone give me some information about the area by Palisade Ave off of Emerson Road? I am married with 2 young children and wanted to know if it was a good family area.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2007, 12:12 PM

Anyone? I ask because I know a part of Westwood is not as nice as the other side. This part is by the emerson border...

thanks

Old 02-20-2007, 02:15 PM

5 posts, read 21,340 times
Other than the Sand road area in Westwood off of Old Hook Road. Your not going to go wrong anywhere else in Westwood.

Old 02-20-2007, 08:31 PM

67 posts, read 335,574 times
Default feedback

Hi,

I, too, was looking at this area. My realtor told me that the town is great (little shops, a cute downtown), the elementary schools are very good, but the high school isn't good.

My realtor recommended River Edge, Oradell, Hillsdale, and Glen Rock.

Hope this helps.

Old 02-21-2007, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FromtheEast View Post
Other than the Sand road area in Westwood off of Old Hook Road. Your not going to go wrong anywhere else in Westwood.
Yes, this house is only a couple of blocks from Sand road, it looks like a very nice calm and quiet street... Too close to sand?

Old 02-26-2007, 08:08 AM

1 posts, read 8,478 times
Hi!

I'm living in Mont-Tremblant, province of Quebec in Canada. My aunt is 80 years old since last week. She would like to speak with an old friend of her, Mme Dorothea Vonbradsky, living in Westwood. Somebody could help me to find her?

Thank's

Bernard

bernardm10@hotmail.com

Old 05-14-2007, 07:47 PM

123 posts, read 568,412 times
Before you let the realtor's tell you that Westwood High School is bad, consider this: It was ranked number 81 by NJ Monthly in 2006. That is out of 316 public high schools in New Jersey...that means it is just about in the top 1/4 which I would not consider bad. I live on the west side of town, not near the Sand Road area. I would not drive down Sand Road at night and I am a 21 year old male who has lived in Westwood for my entire life. Other than Sand Road and the streets that come directly off it, that side of town is not entirely bad. The hospital and bus depot are over there so it can be a little noisy but it is not entirely bad...very diverse. I would definitely not reconsider Westwood, especially since it is so affordable compared to the other towns in the area.

Old 07-20-2007, 01:13 PM

1 posts, read 8,149 times
Default Palisade Ave, Westwood

Palisade Ave in Westwood is a very nice area many homes are newer and/or well kept. The schools are decent. Palisade Ave, Westwood Blvd and Sand Rd are mostly black families there are kids in the area and many wonderful neighbors.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:07 AM

2 posts, read 10,740 times
looking for anyone with information that happened 20years ago with zoning board taking eminent domain , the town i live in is going through similar thing and looking for information to help . any help greatly appreciated

Old 09-20-2007, 09:39 AM

2,541 posts, read 11,335,406 times
Westwood is a mostly white town

It is surrounded by wealthier towns, but it is by no means low class. It is a nice suburb.

Because the school is not in the top ten does not mean squat. If you notice, all the best high schools are in the wealthiest neighborhoods. I went to one of those schools, so let me tell you it just means the kids are more spoiled.

Westwood has good sports, so if your kids like to play then they will be happy. Academically, as long as the school is not horribly bad, they should do fine.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey