Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2008, 09:55 AM

17 posts, read 159,305 times

Advertisements

Hi there,

Looking at some houses (online) and found some nice ones in Bound Brook. I have heard from some people that Bound Brook is "known" for it's flooding... is this true? If so, are there certain areas etc? And, as a whole... how is the town?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2008, 09:58 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,620,543 times
Known for its flooding? Last Spring they flooded so bad even thr bridge was closed, many stored there couldnt re open for months. I would stay far far away from there!

Old 04-18-2008, 10:34 AM

604 posts, read 2,914,466 times
The entire main street area of Bound Brook floods at almost every major storm.

This flood area is occupied by many hispanic immigrants because rents are cheap. There are no major stores in the main street area only bodegas and stores that cater to the local population.

The area along rt. 28 aka Union ave. never floods. There is a newer Shop Rite in a small mall. There is also Effingers sporting goods which is a very large business, Not like Cabelas but nothing is like Cabelas.
There are some very nice homes in the non flood area.

E

Old 04-18-2008, 01:28 PM

531 posts, read 2,150,267 times
Main Street floods regularly. Also stay away from the western end of Talmage. The rest is fine. Schools are bad though.

Old 04-18-2008, 03:02 PM

I worked for a dairy and I remember the last flood it was months before we could deliver there....and that wasnt even one of the worst floods...stay away I know what its like to love in a flood zone.......

Old 04-18-2008, 04:19 PM

240 posts, read 947,882 times
Hi Goodstuff. I too have been recently inquiring about that area. I heard that Presidential Lakes and Country Lakes are nice. The houses are very nicely priced. I have looked into the schools. They scored very low on the NJ Ask test and SAT scores are stinkaroo, but the houses are waterfront and it looks real pretty. I am taking a ride through there on Sunday to check it out.

Old 04-18-2008, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bored2Day View Post
Hi Goodstuff. I too have been recently inquiring about that area. I heard that Presidential Lakes and Country Lakes are nice. The houses are very nicely priced. I have looked into the schools. They scored very low on the NJ Ask test and SAT scores are stinkaroo, but the houses are waterfront and it looks real pretty. I am taking a ride through there on Sunday to check it out.
Waterfront? I hope its a house boat sorry I would never consider that area! That why its cheaper......

Old 04-18-2008, 06:00 PM

240 posts, read 947,882 times
My Bad...I meant Browns Mills.

Old 04-18-2008, 07:54 PM

23 posts, read 83,269 times
Default Piedmont area of Bound Brook isn't bad

We lived in Bound Brook for 10+ years before moving 5 years ago(still go back a few times a year to visit friends).

Stay away from any houses below Route 28. Most of this area has flooding issues as well as some pretty bad neighborhoods.

The downtown area is horrible. Floods, dirty and not a place I would ever shop or visit.

Check out the houses in the Piedmont Farms/ Watchung Road area. Most are very Nice homes on nice pieces of property in a quiet area.

Taxes are very high. When I left 5 years ago I was paying almost $7000 a year and got very little in town services for it.

The school system is the worst. We moved due to this fact. The elementry schools were horrible they were over populated with Spanish speaking children who spoke little to no english and our kids were suffering. The high school is worse.

If you have kids stay away from Bound Brook unless you want to put them into Private school.

Let me know if you have any specfic questions I can help you with

Beth

Old 04-18-2008, 08:18 PM

387 posts, read 1,429,789 times
One of my favorite towns in NJ actually... and I dont know why, I've just always really liked Bound Brook.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey