Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2009, 01:57 PM

23 posts, read 83,663 times

Advertisements

Hi

I got some recommendation from this forum that American Federal Mortgage in Flanders has a low rate (beolow 5%) and low closing cost.
I would like to hear from people who got their mortgage through American Federal Mortgage recently. how was the experience? how long it takes to get the mortgage? any input will be helful.
I have good credit, looking for finance my first home with 20% down at fixed rate 30 years.

Thank you,
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2009, 02:37 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eric2009 View Post
Hi

I got some recommendation from this forum that American Federal Mortgage in Flanders has a low rate (beolow 5%) and low closing cost.
I would like to hear from people who got their mortgage through American Federal Mortgage recently. how was the experience? how long it takes to get the mortgage? any input will be helful.
I have good credit, looking for finance my first home with 20% down at fixed rate 30 years.

Thank you,
I used them recently... sold, purchased and closed on both within 30 days! I ended up with 6% which was lower than everyone else at the time. Their fees totalled $750.00. Everything they promised, they adhered to. They are also owned by a title company which also helped in speeding up the loan process/closing process.

Old 03-03-2009, 09:03 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,549 times
Thats the company I used and at the time they were the lowest around and it was a speedy and thankfully my loan officer was wonderful I asked a million and one questions and each and every time there was a timely and well informed answer... I would recommend. The whole process took about 30 days as well - Good Luck

Old 03-03-2009, 09:44 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times
i'm the process right now and have no complaints. rates and fees lower than competition. loan officer is really nice. i also referred a friend and she's happy so far too (she did a lot of research as well).

Old 03-03-2009, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i'm the process right now and have no complaints. rates and fees lower than competition. loan officer is really nice. i also referred a friend and she's happy so far too (she did a lot of research as well).
Hi,

I called them today, but the rate that they gave me is a little higher
(5.37 %) than the one that i got from wells fargo (5%) . i am applying for 30 years fixed. Also they were asking me for a refferal, do i need asomeone's name to get a good rate?

Thanks,

Old 04-10-2009, 01:24 PM

102 posts, read 331,086 times
I'm looking for a pre-approval now. Can any of you recommend a loan officer at AMF who you were happy with? Thanks!

Old 04-10-2009, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hobodbf View Post
I'm looking for a pre-approval now. Can any of you recommend a loan officer at AMF who you were happy with? Thanks!
I applied for a mortgage there, Richard Ramaci is the one i contacted, no complains.

Good luck

Old 04-11-2009, 05:43 AM

5,439 posts, read 16,863,723 times
I didn't use them because the guy there did not believe that my rate (which was obviously lower than theirs) was legit.

It was. we use Untitled Document 2x with success. A local (NJ) based no fee broker.

Old 06-26-2009, 05:51 AM

2 posts, read 12,432 times
Unhappy American Federal Mortgage, fLANDERS, nj

These guys do not verify anything till a day before closing. My closing had to be postponed - with a higher rate than the GFE (never a good faith atleast in my case) - locked in for 4.623x and closing for 4.75. I am not sure at this point they have any more to come up with but as of now this is what it is. They did the appraisal and approved my loan, then they came back and said that though my home is built in townhouse style the Homeowner association has been registered as Condo - Condo's have a increased interest bracket than townhomes and they claimed it's my fault where in nowhere in the application I mentioned mine was a townhome (just the property address) My closing is not done yet - appraisal was done early june, takes a very long time to close and then last minute surprises to rack in more money - I would not recommend this company to anyone - I am paying $1000 more than GFE - a cent more surprise would make me hire an attorney to deal with these guys. DO NOT GO WITH THESE GUYS UNLESS YOU HAVE ALL THE BASE TO COVER YOU. I am stuck because of the current higher mortgage rates

Old 06-26-2009, 07:55 AM

592 posts, read 2,188,055 times
can you clarify. Is the $1000 increase from your higher interest rate, or do you mean those guys added more charges to the closing cost?

I was thinking about going with them, they were bragging about the guarenteed closing cost.

thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: