Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-12-2009, 01:15 PM

10 posts, read 39,003 times

Advertisements

Hi, I don't post on here too often, but would really appreciate some help....sorry if this is long! I'm not originally from NJ, but have lived here for a little bit. Not to get too much into specifics, but I was involved in a automobile accident a little bit ago. The weather was horrible on that early morning, and even though I was doing about 35 in a 65, I slid an extremely icy patch on 78W and lightly hit a guardrail. I ended up in the left lane(which had no shoulder), facing oncoming traffic. I called the state police just so that I could have assistance getting back out into the road. Right after I called, a huge passenger van going too fast slid and hit my car and completely totaled it. I'm lucky I walked away with only a few bruises and a hurt shoulder, because I very easily could have died. The van that hit me was filled with illegal immigrants, unregistered, and the driver was unlicensed(obviously going to a work site...oh, and by the way, I work in the LE/Immigration field for the government). The police impounded the van and took the people in. My car was towed and my insurance company took care of all the paperwork to total out my car very efficiently, and I had a new vehicle in less than two weeks. There was no mention of another insurance company and mine handled everything. I went to the doctor again for my sprained shoulder a few days later after the accident, and it still hurts now. The state trooper actually also gave me a ticket the day of the accident for "careless driving" although there were accidents all over. I pled not guilty, took a day off work, and got it dismissed, of course(the prosecutor and judge actually laughed and couldn't believe I got a ticket lol, and told me to file a complaint against the trooper). Now today suddenly, after everything has been taken care of, I get a call from their supposed insurance company, saying it took forever to get the police report.....umm, yeah right. They had no insurance before, and I think the claims guy was just sniffing out to see if I would sue. I basically told him I've already looked into contacting an attorney-I lost alot of money, time off work, had pain and suffering, etc. Does anyone have any recommendations for a good contingency MV accident attorney near the Cranford area? It doesn't have to be right in Cranford, but semi-close. Thank you!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: