Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-16-2009, 03:02 AM

16,259 posts, read 43,206,193 times

Advertisements

It seems like there are enough people from NJ who move southward....generally the Carolinas and Florida...for the most part.

Some go and stay in those places...others can't wait to get out of those places.

Here is the thread to speak out about it
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2009, 08:03 AM

137 posts, read 522,618 times
Many moved to TX too.
There have been threads like this if you do a search.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:14 AM

2,213 posts, read 2,845,701 times
If you want one example of a reason why they would do such a thing as move out of New Jersey. . .

The carlet letter? NJ tags new drivers with decal (http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090416/ap_on_re_us/xgr_beware_teen_driver - broken link) If you treat people as second-class citizens for long enough, don't be surprised if they hold grudges against you.

I'm living in South Carolina now. A new college graduate can actually afford a house here.

Last edited by gvsteve; 04-16-2009 at 08:24 AM..

Old 04-16-2009, 08:47 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,954,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
It seems like there are enough people from NJ who move southward....generally the Carolinas and Florida...for the most part.

Some go and stay in those places...others can't wait to get out of those places.

Here is the thread to speak out about it
And GA...don't forget GA.

Old 04-16-2009, 08:52 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,954,333 times
Bottom line is its about the individual.

I have friends who moved to AZ and they are RUNNING back after 4 yrs because they hate it there and miss NJ so much. I have friends in SC who are there for work reasons and homesick as can be. They are constantly trying to find work here again so they can return. I have had several friends who moved to FL who came bolting back (some as quickly as 5 months later, some 5 yrs later, but they came back.) Heck, we don't have to go so far. 3 friends in PA now - one loves it, two hate it. One found out - rather the hard way - that sometimes lower taxes and lower services are NOT a good thing. Why? 1 yr after moving there her hubby was very ill. He wound up having cancer and was out of work. But guess what...NO paid disability in PA. So there you go.....had to sell their home AND they found out the treatment he needed was in Manhattan and that's a bit of a commutte from Blakeslee PA. After he passed away, she sold the house and will not leave NJ again. Another is in PA now and overall likes it, but thinks the schools are the pits and doctors are the pits. She'd be here IF she could afford it...which is the problem. Then there is my cousins in NY State. They like it, but one said she still hates not being a "Jersey Girl" anymore. I didn't even touch GA... I have SO many friends that moved to GA...some LOVE LOVE LOVE it and others HATE it. So there is no right and wrong....just each persons opinion and choice.

Old 04-16-2009, 01:16 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
And GA...don't forget GA.
Did someone mention GA??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey