Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 12:39 PM

112 posts, read 352,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sligogirl View Post

Wondering if they still sell the umbrella type laundry drier, it looked like a skeletonized umbrella...?
They do sell theme here in the UK. They even have portable ones - so you can put it away when done or inside when it is raining.

We have a line under our carport (can't be seen from the street). Where we used to live we had a line above the stairs. It was the only place to put the line and was easy. I always wanted a drying rack. My SIL has one like this:

Add to Cart

Old 04-25-2009, 09:21 PM

393 posts, read 1,086,672 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lplkemc View Post
They do sell theme here in the UK. They even have portable ones - so you can put it away when done or inside when it is raining.

We have a line under our carport (can't be seen from the street). Where we used to live we had a line above the stairs. It was the only place to put the line and was easy. I always wanted a drying rack. My SIL has one like this:

Add to Cart
Hello Love/lplkemc:
I am enquiring as to the outdoor types looks like a large umbrella w/o the skin
I wud still have to cover same since neighbor grows raspberries in her yard
Imagine...
Cheers

Old 04-26-2009, 02:42 AM

112 posts, read 352,195 times
Sorry - should have posted the rotary ones too!

Here is one that I had that for inside: Indoor Outdoor Rotary Clothes Dryer Airer

rotary one (stationary for outdoors):Rotary Clothes Lines - Compare Prices, Reviews and Buy at NexTag - Price - Review

here in the UK you can get them pretty much anywhere. There - well I did find this on ebay: Parallel Rotary clothes Clothesline 210 ft of line NIB! - eBay (item 200327647678 end time May-03-09 07:58:59 PDT)

I wonder how much shipping would be if you were to buy one from the UK?

Old 04-26-2009, 03:36 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsebastian View Post
It makes sense financially and environmentally but if you do it here in NJ people will think you are weird or neighbors will not be happy about it.
That depends on where in NJ you are. There are clotheslines all over the place here in Bayonne. I prefer the convenience of my dryer, but they're not an unusual sight here.

Old 04-26-2009, 06:27 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,119,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sligogirl View Post
Hello Love/lplkemc:
I am enquiring as to the outdoor types looks like a large umbrella w/o the skin
I wud still have to cover same since neighbor grows raspberries in her yard
Imagine...
Cheers
Home Depot has them.

Old 04-30-2009, 02:15 PM

18,471 posts, read 31,643,914 times
I have a clothesline and will always have a clothesline. It just makes sense to air dry clothes for free.
Attached Thumbnails
Will you install a clothesline in your backyard?-b-abbott.jpg  

Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM

27 posts, read 100,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
I have a clothesline and will always have a clothesline. It just makes sense to air dry clothes for free.
Sweet! Any reactions from neighbors or HOA?

Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightcrawler View Post
Not always. Hanging clothing outside in allergy season only adds to the misery of allergy sufferers.

Many houses aren't set up so you can hang a line conveniently, either, and the idea of carrying a basket of wet and heavy clothing up a flight of stairs from the basement laundry room makes my back hurt.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlsebastian View Post
Sweet! Any reactions from neighbors or HOA?
No HOA where I live (thank heavens) and no, nobody cares that I have one.
Most apts here in Brooklyn New York have clotheslines, along with houses as well.

Old 05-01-2009, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
Not always. Hanging clothing outside in allergy season only adds to the misery of allergy sufferers.

Many houses aren't set up so you can hang a line conveniently, either, and the idea of carrying a basket of wet and heavy clothing up a flight of stairs from the basement laundry room makes my back hurt.

That is true, the high rise apartments do not have clotheslines, just usually the 4 floor walk ups.
Oh, and (insert laugh here) lugging wet laundry up a flight of stairs .... Ha, Ha Ha I'm on the 4th floor, so try comming from the laundromat, wet clothes and lugging them up to the 4 th floor. (not so great) Now thats a good leg workout.... Hey, if nothing else, I will have legs of steel by the time I'm 80, that is if I make it. LOL...EEk !!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey