Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2009, 09:03 AM

1,135 posts, read 2,385,141 times

Advertisements

As someone who was born and raised in Belleville, I wouldn't advise living there. The town has gone steadily downhill over the past 20 years. Schools, which weren't great when I was a student, have gotten worse. Many neighborhoods have gotten seedy and ugly. And $7,000+ for taxes is insane.

My grandmother lived in Kearney and I always thought it was an ugly area. Houses too close together, not much of a downtown, not enough trees, etc. I haven't been there in years though so it may have been revitalized.

I'd look at Nutley. I used to live in the Yantacaw section in the 1990s and early 2000 and it was very pretty, nice parks, good elementary school, convenient to shopping and transportation, etc. You could probably buy a home for under $300,000 right now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2011, 05:26 PM

4 posts, read 13,190 times
Yup, agree with the above. Belleville's (extreme southern portion) going downhill thanks to the cancer-like society of scummy, low-life hoodrats that is slowly spreading north from Newark. While it's mostly confined to the lower areas, in a decade it will have spread to the central locations and eventually the whole town. I would definitely recommend neighboring Nutley for long-term stays.

One of my hobbies is monitoring police communications and I read the newspapers about Belleville. I can say with confidence that 95% of every crime in that town committed is by some jackass from Newark who strolled across the border and decided to show off just how unfit they are for society. Makes me wish we had some sort of profiling policy, because chances are if a certain telltale type of person is lounging about they're just out to cause trouble. Only two days ago a disgraceful Newark ****bag driving northbound at the border slammed into two grandmas at 5am because he literally fell asleep at the wheel, causing the other car to flip. Few months back a dead body was found outside a condo just north of the border with Newark. I've noticed that except for Bloomfield, every town in direct contact with a Newark border is either just as bad or well on its way to undesirable status, except for Kearny that's separated by a river the monkeys can't cross easily. Belleville shares its entire southern border with Newark.

Old 08-20-2011, 11:42 PM

129 posts, read 380,723 times
Hmmmm. Monkeys. WTH?

Old 08-21-2011, 07:17 AM

1,202 posts, read 3,030,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrismaya View Post
Hmmmm. Monkeys. WTH?
While not the best choice of words, I'm sure it wasn't meant in THAT way. More so just comparing shiesty people to uncivilized animals. But hey, who doesn't love pulling the race card and labeling everyone a bigot any chance they get!

Old 08-21-2011, 02:49 PM

2,881 posts, read 6,090,152 times
Some paTROLLing going on in here. 2yr old thread bump fail.

Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 PM

8,568 posts, read 18,112,482 times
That particular location in Kearny puts you in the Roosevelt Elementary School district (unless they've rearranged them) and that is THE BEST elementary school in Kearny. It's a teriffic location, I grew up in the Manor, a section of Arlington (section of Kearny from Midland Ave to Belleville Pike).

Kearny has good schools and it's a really nice town. My personal opinion is that you'd do better with the Kearny schools than those in Essex County.

Old 08-21-2011, 07:21 PM

91 posts, read 205,753 times
I live in Bloomfield. We will be selling our home within the next month since we're moving to NC. WE paid 276k. You will get it for about 230-250 since my company is handling my relocation. We just put in a brand new roof a month ago. We only did since we had no idea our company was going to move us. Anyway, my taxes are $8200 and our home is on a dead end street. Right behind the glen ridge gold course. PM me if interested . Oh yes, 3 bedrooms, 1.5 bathrooms, above ground pool with deck. Huge deck attached to our home. I love this house. But I really enjoy my job.

Old 08-22-2011, 04:19 PM

1 posts, read 1,268 times
lol i live in newark in the hood and i want out bad
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey