Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2009, 09:29 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
I'm not trying to persuade you one way or another. You need to look at this from all angles and I'm helping with that. You may look at it as someone needing a change, a prospective employer may look at it as someone who ran away to bum on the beach for a year.

Good luck in whatever you decide.
How would a future employer in New Jersey even know where you lived previously? I only list previous, relevant job experience and my degrees on my resume. Not a narrative of my life story.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-19-2009, 09:33 AM

For the record, I've lived in Florida for school (planning on moving back permanently in a few years, I loved it in the Tampa area!) and there were less bugs than New Jersey, in my opinion. I can't even leave my house at night in the summer here in NJ with all the mosquitos and half the time, there are horse flies on the beach. I was never bothered by bugs in Florida whatsoever.

A little lizard who decided to take a nap in my cell phone case one day gave me a bit of a scare once, though!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:02 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,975,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Houston or Dallas in Texas may be a better option.

His parents have an empty, free home to use in the Florida panhandle area.........not in Texas !!!

Old 07-19-2009, 06:03 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,559,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
His parents have an empty, free home to use in the Florida panhandle area.........not in Texas !!!
I would rent out the house in Florida and not step foot in that economic disaster of a state.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
I would rent out the house in Florida and not step foot in that economic disaster of a state.
Well, the unemployment rate is skyrocketing here as well, they've taxed every company out of the state and more jobs are being shed on a daily basis. Why do you think New Jersey is this bastion of great economic clout in 2009? Plus, remember that A LOT of people simply cannot afford New Jersey's inflated real estate prices PLUS a $10,000 tax bill each year on top of a mortgage.

For a supposed "journalist" you seem pretty out-of-touch with the plight of the majority of New Jersey's residents.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Your not listening.....its his parents house......since he doesn't OWN the house he can't rent it out.......only his parents can do that.....he however, can use it for free.

Old 07-19-2009, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
Well, the unemployment rate is skyrocketing here as well, they've taxed every company out of the state and more jobs are being shed on a daily basis. Why do you think New Jersey is this bastion of great economic clout in 2009? Plus, remember that A LOT of people simply cannot afford New Jersey's inflated real estate prices PLUS a $10,000 tax bill each year on top of a mortgage.

For a supposed "journalist" you seem pretty out-of-touch with the plight of the majority of New Jersey's residents.
I agree with your observations.....the proof of what you say is reinforced in this New Jersey forum by all the threads posted by unhappy New Jersey residents voicing their displeasure over the tax situation.

Old 02-08-2010, 11:52 AM

119 posts, read 233,113 times
Post Six month update!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
please come back and tell us how you like it/dont like it pros and cons. I do wish you the best and I would love to hear honest feedback.!!!
OK guys, I've been down here for six months now. I'll provide my pros and cons in the next post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
For the record, I've lived in Florida for school (planning on moving back permanently in a few years, I loved it in the Tampa area!) and there were less bugs than New Jersey, in my opinion. I can't even leave my house at night in the summer here in NJ with all the mosquitos and half the time, there are horse flies on the beach. I was never bothered by bugs in Florida whatsoever.
I totally agree with the above post. Bugs were my number one fear coming down here because of all the threads in the FL forum about the HUGE bugs of all varieties running amok. I'm finding this place has no more or less bugs than NJ, NY, SC, NC or PA (all places I've been). Why some posters are hellbent on scaring people into thinking bugs will be jumping on them left and right is beyond me. I got a good exterminator company and they take care of any bugs inside and the ones outside don't bother me much. Though I really hate those tiny lizard creatures that like to crawl all over my porch area by the front door (and sometimes get in). Those are new to me -- we don't have them up North, thank goodness.

Old 02-08-2010, 12:06 PM

50,739 posts, read 36,447,875 times
Ugh, I wouldn't mind the little lizards outside, but it would freak me out if I saw one in the house!

Old 02-08-2010, 12:09 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,516,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fountainrunner View Post
OK guys, I've been down here for six months now. I'll provide my pros and cons in the next post.

I totally agree with the above post. Bugs were my number one fear coming down here because of all the threads in the FL forum about the HUGE bugs of all varieties running amok. I'm finding this place has no more or less bugs than NJ, NY, SC, NC or PA (all places I've been). Why some posters are hellbent on scaring people into thinking bugs will be jumping on them left and right is beyond me. I got a good exterminator company and they take care of any bugs inside and the ones outside don't bother me much. Though I really hate those tiny lizard creatures that like to crawl all over my porch area by the front door (and sometimes get in). Those are new to me -- we don't have them up North, thank goodness.
im am dying for the update. Good for you, you had the guts to do this. Lets us know what your think good/bad. marilyn
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey