Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-15-2009, 01:13 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,790,947 times

Advertisements

...unlike a lot of people, I will NOT wait on the shoulder of a highway just to eat fast food. Sonic is good, but it's not that great that it warrants a wait like that. I won't even go when the place has no wait but is mostly full. I'd rather just go when they hype dies down, on a dead night, maybe in the winter, when there are not too many cars there.

I don't understand the ridiculous craziness where people feel like it's worth it to wait like that for some fast food. It's good food - not great, but good. I went by the one on 17 one night when the line was to the edge of the parking lot, but not on the road - STILL too crowded for me. I can go to Shoprite, buy tater tots, take them home, and make them in the time it would have taken to wait for an order of tots at Sonic.

I think the people who wait like that are foolish. It's just fast food, and they're not going anywhere. If I have to wait a year, or more, I will. Not that big a deal. I'll probably have Sonic in some other state before I have it in NJ at this point.

Now a cop got hit amidst the ridiculous traffic jam-ups at the Rt. 17 location. All over stupid fast food. That's just ridiculous. It's bad enough they needed the cops, and more ridiculous that the cop got hit by one of those crazy fools.

When will the madness end??? It's just fast food, people! They're not giving out bars of gold or the secret to eternal youth (more like the secret to aging too quickly, lol). Sitting on the shoulder of a highway is not worth fast food.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM

636 posts, read 1,424,302 times
How dare you criticize an NJ establishment, just move already!

Old 07-15-2009, 01:31 PM

2,731 posts, read 6,120,850 times
I've never been to one. The commercials make me want to try the cherry-limeade. But you're right - I wouldn't kill a cop for one.

Last edited by Irish Eyes; 07-15-2009 at 01:36 PM.. Reason: typo

Old 07-15-2009, 01:37 PM

861 posts, read 2,718,861 times
We went to the new one on Route 46 in Totowa this past Friday night. It took about an hour, from start to finish, but we were expecting that since it's so new. It was definitely a fun experience. We ate on the patio, as opposed to one of the car ports. All the waitresses were on skates, and are super cheerful... "Have a Sonic Day!" I thought the food was tasty, for fast food. I am sure the novelty will wear off by the end of summer and the wait time won't be nearly as long.

Old 07-15-2009, 01:39 PM

777 posts, read 2,381,618 times
We already hyave a 17 plus page thread on Sonic.

//www.city-data.com/forum/new-j...ing-month.html

Old 07-15-2009, 01:44 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,391,239 times
We've been to the Sonics in NV and GA, and there's typically never a wait, other than a few cars at the drive-thru during the lunch rush. I refuse to wait more than 10-15minutes for a seat at a decent restaurant- there's no way in hell I'm waiting an hour to get a cheeseburger at Sonic! Of course, NJ is the land of the 3-hour wait for the "pleasure" of eating at Outback Steakhouse, so I can't say that I'm surprised......

Old 07-15-2009, 02:53 PM

1,289 posts, read 6,099,354 times
Good old NJ! It is sad that there is such a long wait. I have never been and will be going for the first time on Friday for a car event. We have about 15 cars going so I am interseted to see what happens.

For the record, I do not understand why they did not make it larger if there is always a long wait.

Old 07-15-2009, 02:57 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,524,009 times
I guess Im getting old because this is a fast food joint right? Holy crap I could see if it was David Drake's or the Bernards Inn but Sonic? Im getting old. This is what these posts mean to me, IM AN OLD BAG!!!

Old 07-15-2009, 03:01 PM

861 posts, read 2,718,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I guess Im getting old because this is a fast food joint right?
Essentially ~ yeah.

But I think Sonic strives to be more "Drive In" than "Drive Through".... you know, like old time / eat in your car type atmosphere.
So its just a smidge more novel than fast food.

Definitely not worth the 4 hour wait it was seeing the first week it opened, but something *a little bit* different that anything else around here.

Old 07-15-2009, 03:16 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,700,318 times
isn't it because it's relatively new? give it awhile, the hype will die down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey