Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2009, 02:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
yes as a pure capitalist society, economic darwinism should be favored.

However i think the argument to bailout the banks/homeowners are that the systematic risk is so great, that if the bailout doesnt happen, even you CaptainNJ who are financially sound will be destroyed in the process because the milks will cost $100 and the neighborhood you live in will become a ghost town, etc...
i think it was more like the politicians saw an opportunity to spread around money to their friends and they jumped on it. we would have been fine without any "bailout."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2009, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ordinar View Post
thousands of your tax dollars have already been spent to bail out one party (banks) and you will be sickened if a dime is spent for the other party (people)?

don't worry they only want that you buy houses and cars hahaha
im sicked by both sides getting my money. ITS MY MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i am the only person who should be deciding how it is spent.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:33 PM

23 posts, read 48,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i think it was more like the politicians saw an opportunity to spread around money to their friends and they jumped on it. we would have been fine without any "bailout."
You need to include those people that bought way over their heads as well and the greedy bankers that lent to them, if not for them NO bailout would be needed in first place ...

Last edited by NarniaLady; 07-31-2009 at 02:34 PM.. Reason: grammar

Old 07-31-2009, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NarniaLady View Post
You need to include those people that bought way over their heads as well and the greedy bankers that lent to them, if not for them NO bailout would be needed in first place ...
it wasnt needed. there is no such thing as a bailout. its just an opportunity for politicians to waste our money. bush did it and obama felt that it wouldnt be fair to let bush pay off his buddies and he wasnt allowed to. so he did it also.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:37 PM

592 posts, read 2,188,055 times
Quote:
we would have been fine without any "bailout."
if you believe that is the case, then yes the bailout is a colossal mistake.

For me i am not so confident, not sure how many of you realize the situation we were in after sept last year, it was terrifying even to think what would happened if aig filed...

Old 07-31-2009, 02:39 PM

58 posts, read 111,187 times
Quote:
it wasnt needed. there is no such thing as a bailout. its just an opportunity for politicians to waste our money. bush did it and obama felt that it wouldnt be fair to let bush pay off his buddies and he wasnt allowed to. so he did it also.

well said captain
sorry need to go back to work to repay the bailout, afford a house and buy a car

Old 07-31-2009, 02:41 PM

23 posts, read 48,726 times
Quote:

For me i am not so confident, not sure how many of you realize the situation we were in after sept last year, it was terrifying even to think what would happened if aig filed...
I'm not one for conspiracy theories but if you look at the end product, it could be just a giant smoky screen to steal our money (again)

Old 07-31-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:

oh they made it sound so scaaaaaaary. tough to steal trillions of dollars and not create some hysterics.

Old 07-31-2009, 02:54 PM

592 posts, read 2,188,055 times
Quote:
oh they made it sound so scaaaaaaary. tough to steal trillions of dollars and not create some hysterics.
not how cnbc made it sound, or what paulson said in his speeches... i mean if you actually looked at the global markets at the time and how many companies are dependent on aig not filing, then how many more companies are dependent on those companies who depends on aig. And their share prices....

i remember staying up all night just looking at the futures going nuts and asia/europe thinking we are done for if aig files tonight.... for about 2 weeks.

Old 07-31-2009, 07:01 PM

268 posts, read 761,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulyc44 View Post
1.) Unemployment will continue to go up despite what the media reports.
2.) Foreclosures are going up exponentially soon - many in default.
3.) Property taxes are outrageous
4.) This uptick in home sales was only for those sold for $100-$250K

Home prices have a big correction to go yet. I'm not buying anytime soon.
The only part of your e-mail that is correct is that property taxes are outrageous.

Many northern NJ counties are getting close to 6 months inventory supply. That number is considered healthy and will be the point at which housing prices stop declining as buyers begin to compete for existing inventory.

Otteau's July newsletter came out today and he basically hinted to the fact he feels housing prices are going to begin to appreciate sometime next year.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey