Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-05-2009, 06:06 PM

220 posts, read 745,507 times

Advertisements

Apology for earlier post, meant to say God Speed. Whatever it takes to keep your sanity at this time, I know well. Very difficult. I wondered why the Dr. at the end even bothered to pump his lungs of fluids, we had to check if it changed. This ws the end, he was no more, a drip, drip of morphine for no pain.
He drifted off and it was the end. We the living, deal with it, our loved ones are finally at peace. Peace to you. We are born, pay taxes and then we die. Sure changes prospectives.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2009, 07:44 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,927 times
Marilyn thanks for letting us all in. From everyone's posts I can see that this has been a catharsis for many here including myself. I know you are questioning faith right now, but I have to tell you that your mom's will is probably what is allowing her to hold on and not some wrathful God. My mom passed away 4 years ago Sept. She was sick for a few months but they were trying to cure one thing and missed the cancer. Once she was diagnosed we knew it would only be weeks. We brought her home to my house with hospice. Each day I saw her get worse. At the same time my daughter was home only a couple of weeks. I found myself avoiding her room and caring for my new daughter. I would take my daughter in to her room each day but I was having great difficulty with her condition. Then the reality hit me. As her blood pressure dropped - just as hospice said it would, I finally went into her by myself. I told her how much I loved her and that we (me and my daughter would be ok), I thanked her for all she'd done for us and I told her to watch over us and to hug my father and then I gave her my "permission" to go. I told her I knew it was time and she didn't have to suffer any more. That night she passed. My brothers and I had spent the evening in my living room laughing and sharing wonderful memories. I knew she could hear us and then she let go. I don't believe God caused her suffering, I think she was afraid to let go until then.

Keep your faith. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:53 PM

12 posts, read 30,599 times
Don't know you personally but read some of your posts; though sometimes unpopular have turned out to be helpful. Best wishes regarding your mom, chin up.

Old 08-05-2009, 08:09 PM

2,865 posts, read 9,368,168 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
I AM LOSING my Mom and mind but not my sense of HUMOR!
Marilyn, I understand. Sometimes you need to laugh to conquer the frustration.

I lost my mother to a 2 year struggle with Colon Cancer
She fought it until she ould no more. My mother being a very religious person asked God to let her have no more pain, and she dies peacefully in her sleep. That was over 10 years ago.

Diane G

Old 08-06-2009, 06:04 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Marilyn

Hope you are hanging in there, we are all thinking about you

Old 08-06-2009, 06:31 AM

64 posts, read 289,569 times
I lost my mother 16 years ago to colon cancer. I watched just like you are, her decline in health. It is more painful for us to see the one that was always so strong and providing for us to be so fragile and helpless. You do not know me, but your mom and your family are in my prayer. I pray that she will be pain free and that you will be given the strength and peace of knowing that. I just found out that my uncle my mother's brother has cancer. It is heart breaking to me.

Old 08-06-2009, 08:45 AM

72 posts, read 309,209 times
I've been keeping an eye on this thread and hope that your mom passes very peacefully. I lost my dad to cancer in 1997 and my mom to cancer in 2000. It's beyond heartbreaking to see your loved ones suffering so much. I used to scream in the car driving home from work because I just couldn't stand it anymore and had to get the frustrations out. My parents were both in the hospital when they died. I wasn't with my dad at the end and am sorry that I didn't get to say goodbye. I stayed with my mom the entire day because it was obvious that she wasn't go be around much longer. I'll be forever grateful that I got to be with her when she passed away. It completed the circle - she got to witness my first breath and I got to see her last. The instant relief I felt when she died was tremendous - I felt the weight lift from my shoulders. You're in my thoughts and big hugs to you.

Old 08-06-2009, 01:05 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ~LuLu View Post
Apology for earlier post, meant to say God Speed. Whatever it takes to keep your sanity at this time, I know well. Very difficult. I wondered why the Dr. at the end even bothered to pump his lungs of fluids, we had to check if it changed. This ws the end, he was no more, a drip, drip of morphine for no pain.
He drifted off and it was the end. We the living, deal with it, our loved ones are finally at peace. Peace to you. We are born, pay taxes and then we die. Sure changes prospectives.
I know what you meant just pulling your leg! Hugs to you too!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hrjersey View Post
Marilyn thanks for letting us all in. From everyone's posts I can see that this has been a catharsis for many here including myself. I know you are questioning faith right now, but I have to tell you that your mom's will is probably what is allowing her to hold on and not some wrathful God. My mom passed away 4 years ago Sept. She was sick for a few months but they were trying to cure one thing and missed the cancer. Once she was diagnosed we knew it would only be weeks. We brought her home to my house with hospice. Each day I saw her get worse. At the same time my daughter was home only a couple of weeks. I found myself avoiding her room and caring for my new daughter. I would take my daughter in to her room each day but I was having great difficulty with her condition. Then the reality hit me. As her blood pressure dropped - just as hospice said it would, I finally went into her by myself. I told her how much I loved her and that we (me and my daughter would be ok), I thanked her for all she'd done for us and I told her to watch over us and to hug my father and then I gave her my "permission" to go. I told her I knew it was time and she didn't have to suffer any more. That night she passed. My brothers and I had spent the evening in my living room laughing and sharing wonderful memories. I knew she could hear us and then she let go. I don't believe God caused her suffering, I think she was afraid to let go until then.

Keep your faith. My thoughts and prayers continue to be with you.

I must be feeling alittle better today, I have not broke down reading this post. Thanks for posting your story, and its another sad one but happy too.Thanks again these stories are very gut wrenching and hard but helpful!!!

Old 08-06-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hol4 View Post
Don't know you personally but read some of your posts; though sometimes unpopular have turned out to be helpful. Best wishes regarding your mom, chin up.
3 posts only and you read mine!! Im honored. Yes I can be unpopular huh? Thanks for coming and reading and posting. WHy only three little posts???????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: