Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2009, 02:46 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,530,064 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassygirl18 View Post
Marilyn, isn't there a social worker there that can help your family deal with this (and with each other)?
funny you should ask, I guess the nurse heard of fighting and low and behold guess who came in a few minutes late. The social worker!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2009, 02:50 PM

well my Dad called me and said he was sorry. He basically is fine when he is away from that death camp. I guess when he sees mom it becomes an emotional mess. Today she looked bad, eyes rolled back, and just terrible. I can see how this fight started I mean it was very very gloomy. NO more food, water, nothing so its just death. I told dad I was sorry and we made up. This is just hard on us, and we kinda let it out . Its just a scene, I mean here is my mother dying and were fighting right over the almost dead body. I am kinda laughing right now just thinking back on this is like a bad comedy movie scene.

Old 08-11-2009, 06:47 PM

127 posts, read 544,839 times
I am so sorry. Hang on there, Marilyn. Try not to yell back at your dad; it usually makes things worse. Just be next to your mom. Talk to her. She might still hear you. My thoughts are with you.

Old 08-11-2009, 07:50 PM

220 posts, read 745,874 times
Very Sad, this is about your Mother. There will be plenty of time to air your differences. I guess human nature and stress alone at a time as this can prevail. Focus. You will never have this time again, live and learn. The picture in my minds eye is Your Mother is No More, give her the dignity she deserves.
Social workers can be a good thing, thinking back when my Dad passed, I could not believe how inept we were with regard to what next, what should we do, who should we call. You are at a stage where death is inevitable plans need to be realized.
I am sorry for your pain, please forgive me if I seem abrupt.
Death of a loved one is a very solemn and heart wrenching time.
May you find peace

Old 08-11-2009, 07:53 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,925,389 times
Steve Jobs, the chief of Apple, recently had a kidney transplant in Tennessee.

Yikes! I guess that's what he gets for going to Tennessee- he needed a Liver- not a kidney..........

Old 08-11-2009, 10:52 PM

501 posts, read 1,430,619 times
So, she was put on oxygen (and off of it, now)? >_< That does make it painful to watch. We can see how long it takes for the human body to live without those two essentials. I can understand how unbearable it is just to wait and wait with complete anxiety. Just be patient a little longer.

At least, it's great that you and your Dad made up from your disagreements. It would be terrible if the outcome just went a totally different direction. You guys got to look out for each other once this passes. It's important to have that family bond even through this death process.

Third round of prayers out to you!

Old 08-12-2009, 09:26 AM

3,238 posts, read 8,795,135 times
Hugs and prayers from your friend in Oklahoma.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:29 PM

thanks colleen.

Well today was just terrible. You think it cant get worse and it does. Holy moly when is this going to end. Well finally I said to the nurse in private I cant take anymore of this when will this be over. SHe said very very soon.

They are getting morphine drip today, she is completely non responsive, one eye with a slight slit open , the other shut. Breathing shallow. I think tonight is gonna be it or definately tommorrow. I cant take anymore either, I went from 9 am - 145 today and I said to dad , I got to go. Kissed mom goodbye and said of course I love you.

Here is my problem I feel guilty that I am not still sitting there, even though Im the only kid there and she is out of it. I just cant do this and sit there all god darn day!!! Its terrible. Am I wrong , I have been there every day not all day but everyday. I said my good bye, I just cant sit there anymore. I feel now guilty again. My whole life is feeling guilty!!!

Old 08-12-2009, 12:41 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,531,922 times
You've been a good daughter and very supportive. You also know how to take care of yourself.

I'm sorry for all of the pain. It stinks.

Old 08-12-2009, 12:51 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,823,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
thanks colleen.

Well today was just terrible. You think it cant get worse and it does. Holy moly when is this going to end. Well finally I said to the nurse in private I cant take anymore of this when will this be over. SHe said very very soon.

They are getting morphine drip today, she is completely non responsive, one eye with a slight slit open , the other shut. Breathing shallow. I think tonight is gonna be it or definately tommorrow. I cant take anymore either, I went from 9 am - 145 today and I said to dad , I got to go. Kissed mom goodbye and said of course I love you.

Here is my problem I feel guilty that I am not still sitting there, even though Im the only kid there and she is out of it. I just cant do this and sit there all god darn day!!! Its terrible. Am I wrong , I have been there every day not all day but everyday. I said my good bye, I just cant sit there anymore. I feel now guilty again. My whole life is feeling guilty!!!
Don't you dare feel guilty about this Marilyn. That person you are seeing isn't really your mother, just an unfair reminder of her. Saying goodbye at this stage is very understandable. The only counter-argument that can me made at this stage is that she can still hear you, and as long as you are talking to her, she can die and not be alone while doing so. The only way to make this real is to keep talking to her while you are there, and I think the act of doing so is probably more than anyone in a similar situation can bear.

As I said about 100 posts ago in this thread, Jack Kevorkian should be canonized. For this situation to be allowed to continue is nothing short of inhumane and barbaric, if you ask me. But I digress. You've done more of your share of heavy lifting. And you should be proud.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: