Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-26-2007, 09:01 AM

46 posts, read 273,359 times

Advertisements

Hello,
I need information from moms or dads that live in this area. My family and I are most likely relocating to Blairstown/Hope Township this summer. We have three small boys and want to know what family/kid activities are available. I know that there are local sports teams/boy scouts/MOMS Club to join, are there other activities as well? My husband is concerned since he grew up in Bergen County and is not accustomed to a rural area. I grew up in a small town on the north shore of Boston so it's easier for me to relate. We like the Partridge Glen Estates and Ridge neighborhoods, are there any other neighborhoods we should look at? We would like a cul de sac for the kids to play and have neighborhood friends, which I know is not common for this area.

Also, do you feel like there are enough amenities close by (within 15-30 min.), i.e. grocery stores/shopping/fitness centers etc.?

Lastly, he will be commuting on Route 80 to East Stroudsburg, PA. I know from a previous post that it should be fine in terms of traffic/snow. Is there anyone that has actually done this commute? I know most people live in PA and commute to NJ/NYC, but we don't want to put our kids in private schools and want to be within 1 hr. of his family/church in Bergen/Passaic County. Plus, he needs to be within 30 minutes of Pocono Medical Center in case of an emergency.

If anyone could shed some light we would GREATLY APPRECIATE IT! Especially if you're not originally from this area and have relocated from the suburbs. Thanks in advance!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-26-2007, 02:56 PM

6,044 posts, read 24,098,308 times
Can't help much, but I wanted to say I have family living near there (in Stillwater). I have visited Blairstown and Hope many times and they are lovely. I think it would be a great place to raise a family. There is a camp in Blairstown where they filmed some horror movie...maybe one of the Friday the 13th movies...not sure which. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey