Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2009, 12:22 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times

Advertisements

Morristown to begin deputizing police officers to act as immigration agents - NJ.com

I got to say this is long overdue.

any illegal immigrant that gets stopped by the police and is not legal should be deported. simple as that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 12:24 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
any illegal immigrant that gets stopped by the police and is not legal should be deported. simple as that.
at the expense of their home country? i was going to say they should be shot to spare us the cost of deportation but maybe we can put their home country's on the hook for the cost.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:25 PM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantRutgersfan View Post
Morristown to begin deputizing police officers to act as immigration agents - NJ.com

I got to say this is long overdue.

I just want to know...how exactly is the police officer going to verify if someone is legal/illegal....is everyone suppose to carry birth certificates, passports?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:27 PM

4,287 posts, read 10,769,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I just want to know...how exactly is the police officer going to verify if someone is legal/illegal....is everyone suppose to carry birth certificates, passports?
if you have a driver's license, then they know you are legal. If you dont have one, idk what the process is. but 99% of people carry a DL with them.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM

5,439 posts, read 16,863,723 times
Not saying I agree or whatever. Just a thought:

Stupid question, but can illegals get drivers licenses?

I know it seems like a stupid question, because the answer should be no.

You are required to carry ID with you. If you don't have ID, can they arrest you?

Old 08-28-2009, 12:28 PM
PDD

8,773 posts, read 18,391,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
at the expense of their home country? i was going to say they should be shot to spare us the cost of deportation but maybe we can put their home country's on the hook for the cost.
Perhaps they should shoot the American who hires this guy. No more jobs = no more illegals

Old 08-28-2009, 12:31 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
Perhaps they should shoot the American who hires this guy. No more jobs = no more illegals
illegals arent citizens so i dont think we need to provide them with any kind of rights. shooting american citizens is complicated. plus, what if the person presented fake ID when they worked for the American? too complicated. lets just shoot the illegal.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:37 PM

240 posts, read 581,030 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
Those People... LOL,,,, Seriously it will not work without targeting a race. I know an Irish person that is illegal and working under table for years….

Old 08-28-2009, 12:38 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,756,664 times
Most towns/cities have vagrancy laws that state that if you dont have ID you can be detained until your identity can be established. The problem is that ALOT of places dont enforce these rules.

In order to get a NJ DL you need a US Birth Cert, US Passport, Visa, or other type of legal immigration documentation.

IMO, if you are in a foreign country, yes you need your papers on you at all times. I was in South Africa and did not have my paperwork on me, I spent the night in jail until the company i was working for down there got me out. I was majorly inconvenienced, but I understood and agreed with their policies.

Old 08-28-2009, 12:42 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobRiguez View Post
Most towns/cities have vagrancy laws that state that if you dont have ID you can be detained until your identity can be established. The problem is that ALOT of places dont enforce these rules.

In order to get a NJ DL you need a US Birth Cert, US Passport, Visa, or other type of legal immigration documentation.

IMO, if you are in a foreign country, yes you need your papers on you at all times. I was in South Africa and did not have my paperwork on me, I spent the night in jail until the company i was working for down there got me out. I was majorly inconvenienced, but I understood and agreed with their policies.

exactly!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: