Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2009, 10:48 AM

1,057 posts, read 1,918,167 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
I always hated fall in the northeast. By far and away, the most depressing time of the year for me. I might have been the only person who hated seeing the colors of leaves change.
You're not alone. Summer is the time for the beach, sunlight 'til late, tons of fishing and boating, nice warm weather. When fall rolls around, break out the jackets, no more swimming, your fishing days get less because of rough seas. Plus, here in my area, we have to deal with a lot of our favorite restaurants and other businesses closing for the season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2009, 10:52 AM

2,734 posts, read 4,149,709 times
Default Leaves Changing Already?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
Depends where you are in the state.

For information on fall colors, try The Foliage Network website.
Thanks for the link!

I'm noticing the tips of the trees are starting to change color. I just hope that we see some beautiful foliage on the trees before the leaves drop off. It's been so cool all spring and summer that I'm not surprised the leaves are changing already.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:05 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,793,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
You're not alone. Summer is the time for the beach, sunlight 'til late, tons of fishing and boating, nice warm weather. When fall rolls around, break out the jackets, no more swimming, your fishing days get less because of rough seas. Plus, here in my area, we have to deal with a lot of our favorite restaurants and other businesses closing for the season.
I'm with you. I wish it could be summer all year round, sunny and dry. Change of seasons is annoying, particularly when it is changing from hot to cold.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:27 AM

1,173 posts, read 4,751,150 times
I've noticed some color changing not really a lot. We drove up to Ringwood yesterday and the lanscape still looked all green from a far. I really hope we close before the colors are in full swing!! I'm dying to see all the beautiful colors from the picture window!!

Old 09-17-2009, 11:37 AM

2,764 posts, read 6,764,850 times
I love this time of year - it is my absolute favorite! Fall and spring my favorite seasons - Winter I can do with out, but what is better than a halloween with orange leaves. I love it.

Old 09-17-2009, 11:43 AM

5,073 posts, read 4,735,633 times
Yes, I have noticed; and, along with the crisp Autumnal air, it puts a spring in my step! This is the time of year that really feels "new" to me, more so than January first. I live near the bay, and it is absolutely my favorite time for long walks on the beach and just doing outdoorsy stuff in general. I absolutely adore the change of seasons. And now, being outside is fun again, without fear of melting from the heat and humidity! As you can tell, I'm totally blissing out on Autumn.

Old 09-17-2009, 12:31 PM

821 posts, read 2,037,983 times
Yeah I noticed the falling of leaving more than any change of color..

Old 09-17-2009, 12:32 PM
EB2

1,925 posts, read 6,362,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollygolightly View Post
Yes, I have noticed; and, along with the crisp Autumnal air, it puts a spring in my step! This is the time of year that really feels "new" to me, more so than January first. I live near the bay, and it is absolutely my favorite time for long walks on the beach and just doing outdoorsy stuff in general. I absolutely adore the change of seasons. And now, being outside is fun again, without fear of melting from the heat and humidity! As you can tell, I'm totally blissing out on Autumn.
I completely agree. You guys need to send some of that autumn down my way.

Old 09-17-2009, 01:33 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,785,686 times
I'm seeing no foliage change in northern Bergen county.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey