Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 11:14 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,942,005 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Keegan View Post
Why? Lee wasn't anything special last night. He gave up 5 runs. He just got lucky in that the Yankees pitchers (Burnett in particular) were worse. It's not like the Yankees didn't hit Lee.
True but that is the best they have......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2009, 08:40 PM

267 posts, read 950,985 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ansky View Post
No, actually that would be Red Sox fans. I never saw so many Boston hats until after the 2004 WS.
Yep, Sox fans! ...funny, having lived in the Philly area now for...oh five years or so, I've seen PLENTY of Boston hats around town. I LOVE how they all disappear when the Phillies step it up. Philly fans are like a swarm of bees. They buzzed about the Eagles for years and now they all migrated to the Phillies.

Old 11-03-2009, 08:43 PM

259 posts, read 662,712 times
yeah it wasnt cool to be a phillies fan before 2007. Poll 90% of them and they couldnt tell you 15 player son the team or who Mike Schmidt was, or lenny dykstra

Old 11-04-2009, 07:41 AM

7,222 posts, read 11,945,754 times
Should be a great game tonight. The starters are pretty evenly matched with Pettite going on short rest and Pedro, well being Pedro and all. It will probably be a short outing for both. This one will be won or lost by the relief pitching.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:39 AM

1,943 posts, read 6,989,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by invertigo View Post
Yep, Sox fans! ...funny, having lived in the Philly area now for...oh five years or so, I've seen PLENTY of Boston hats around town. I LOVE how they all disappear when the Phillies step it up. Philly fans are like a swarm of bees. They buzzed about the Eagles for years and now they all migrated to the Phillies.
There are a lot of clowns from Boston living here. Unfortunately they're outnumbered by the even bigger clowns from NYC that also live here. They only bring their hats out when the Sox are in town or on the rare occasion that they're in the playoffs. I talk (good-hearted) trash to everyone Sox fan I see. I talk real trash to every Mets fan I see.

I can't stand the Eagles or their fans and most diehard Phillies fans are the same way. Most Phillies fans I know barely follow the NFL if at all - they're all Flyers fans. There's some overlap between iggles and phils fans but for the core it's two very different fan bases. Personally, I'd rather pull my fingernails out than have to sit through 3 hours of whistle-blowing, time-outs and dudes in tights falling all over each other.

Anyway - I think the Phillies have this one tonight. Even though they lost game 2 Pedro still pitched it pretty well. I think he'll be better tonight. Tomorrow night is going to be the real nail biter.

Old 11-04-2009, 11:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obrero View Post
True but that is the best they have......
Lee pitched a great 6 innings. Just because he can pitch a 9-inning shut out doesn't mean Charlie should leave him in every time. He was already at 100 pitches. Park should've come in for the 7th.

With the exception of Pettitte I haven't been impressed with the Yankees pitching . . . and Pettitte has yet to pitch two games so my opinion on him might change. Remember - Yankees took game 4 on what is, essentially, a fielding error (not covering 3rd). It's not b/c the pitching or hitting was better.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:37 PM

6,175 posts, read 12,949,865 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by solibs View Post
Lee pitched a great 6 innings. Just because he can pitch a 9-inning shut out doesn't mean Charlie should leave him in every time. He was already at 100 pitches. Park should've come in for the 7th.

With the exception of Pettitte I haven't been impressed with the Yankees pitching . . . and Pettitte has yet to pitch two games so my opinion on him might change. Remember - Yankees took game 4 on what is, essentially, a fielding error (not covering 3rd). It's not b/c the pitching or hitting was better.
Also remember that they are playing the game of baseball, which includes fielding, covering bases, and taking advantage of the other team's mistakes. You can't just dismiss one part of the game as unimportant, especially when it leads to a run.

Old 11-04-2009, 04:38 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,942,005 times
Quote:
Also remember that they are playing the game of baseball, which includes fielding, covering bases, and taking advantage of the other team's mistakes. You can't just dismiss one part of the game as unimportant, especially when it leads to a run.
Bingo!

Old 11-04-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
yeah, sure. but we were talking about pitching.

There's been all this talk of NY pitching dominating the Phillies and so far they've only been able to dominate Howard . . . and again, Pettitte pitched an awesome game before. We'll find out now if he's really got the stuff.

Old 11-04-2009, 10:01 PM

825 posts, read 3,162,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by frankgn87 View Post
not really.. seeing how they spanked the swankees again last night
did somebody say... 27??? that's right!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: