Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2009, 01:32 PM

1,552 posts, read 4,634,376 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
what? im wrong?
Um, here yeah. Nothing wrong with wearing a sports jersey, say, to a watch a game and cheer for your team.

Now, I'll admit people these days tend to go way too casual and wear this kind of stuff in all sorts of inappropriate places. But to say that an adult should never wear a sport jersey unless he's playing sports ... that's extreme.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2009, 01:36 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
It's not what you say, it's how you say it...

Acceptable: I'm not a fan of adults wearing sports jerseys unless they are playing sports. That being said, yes they do cost a lot of money.

Unacceptable: an adult shouldnt be wearing a sports jersey anyway unless he is playing sports.

Get it? Who are you to say "shouldn't"? Opinions are fine, but you are too pushy.

OK, lesson over.
okay, i could have said it more tactfully. but at 31 or so years old, the guy should know that he shouldnt be wearing a sports jersey.

actually, lusitan mentioned another scenario that i meant to throw into my original post. if you are watching the game then you can wear the jersey.

i would think an adult shouldnt really care if its authentic or not.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:42 PM

587 posts, read 2,178,803 times
another acceptable scenario is wearing a jersey for a rap video lol.

But i somewhat agree the captain, any man wearing a shirt with another man's last name is kinda ghey

Old 11-09-2009, 01:58 PM

3,269 posts, read 9,936,557 times
Quote:
what? im wrong?

Almost always.....

Old 11-09-2009, 02:24 PM

1,288 posts, read 2,894,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
hehehe..problem is he is not a kiddo, he's an adult, Yankee fan since he first knew what baseball is and a Matsui fan since the day he arrived.

He is also a good son to his Mom as well as his wife being a great DIL

I was just amazed at the price.

He was thrilled I still had his 1978 Burger King Yankee poster..don't know why I carted that around for 31 years but it now has a new home.
He sounds like my kind of kid, and you sound like a great mom.

Old 11-09-2009, 02:52 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
I were my pj's out in public. However I am the homeless gunge person who refuses to get a hair cut or buy clothes. I think its fine to wear what you want as long as your covered in public.

Last edited by stevemorse; 11-09-2009 at 03:54 PM..

Old 11-09-2009, 03:37 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,756,664 times
I spent almost $400 for a signed Alex Rodriguez jersey for my wife. Friend of mine spent over $2000 for a signed Damon jersey that he actually wore (still dirty from the game). Supposedly now worth MUCH more than that.

Fanatics are crazy!

Old 11-09-2009, 04:16 PM

Quote:
i would think an adult shouldnt really care if its authentic or not.
Just the opposite.

Old 11-09-2009, 04:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumra View Post

But i somewhat agree the captain, any man wearing a shirt with another man's last name is kinda ghey
There's no need to be insulting.

And if you knew anything about the Yankees, you'd know that really dedicated fans wear jerseys with the number -- no name necessary, since the Yankees have only their numbers on both their home uniforms and road greys. The only reason my Jeter jersey has his name on it is that it was a gift. If I'd bought it for myself, there would be a number -- no name.

And yes -- I'm a 54-year-old woman who wears a Yankee jersey (and tees, and jackets, and quite often, a cap) in public. And I don't care if anyone likes it or not.

Old 11-09-2009, 05:35 PM

82 posts, read 139,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
There's no need to be insulting.

And if you knew anything about the Yankees, you'd know that really dedicated fans wear jerseys with the number -- no name necessary, since the Yankees have only their numbers on both their home uniforms and road greys. The only reason my Jeter jersey has his name on it is that it was a gift. If I'd bought it for myself, there would be a number -- no name.

And yes -- I'm a 54-year-old woman who wears a Yankee jersey (and tees, and jackets, and quite often, a cap) in public. And I don't care if anyone likes it or not.
You're my kind of "sister" 54-year-old! You wear what makes YOU happy, and you don't need outside approval. Right on!

Besides, I'll bet that Matsui shirt will be worth a small fortune in a few years...assuming it's authentic and not a repro.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey