Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-23-2010, 10:06 AM

4 posts, read 17,513 times

Advertisements

@Gemini365i, thanks for your feedback on 141. While I absolutely LOVE the building and its amenities, the bedroom is ENTIRELY TOO SMALL! I would guess it them be 8x10 if that big. I would have only been able to fit my queen size bed and NOTHING else. (I saw at least 4-5 of the apartment layouts and the bedrooms were all the same. I was soooo trying to get into the building.) The only other option was the lofts, which were absolutely beautiful, but not within my budget. Perhaps they have made some concessions on the development of their new building on So. Harrison, across main street. Time will tell....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-26-2010, 03:01 AM

137 posts, read 386,049 times
I found some information on the building they are reverting into an apartment building...
here>> JarmelKizel
I will tell you, if it turns out like this, it will not work! This is the hood. While I appreciate the wanting to turn s. harrison into the premier block to live on (as the owner feels)...people just are not going for it.
The street is really nice, BUT there is a huge abandoned building on the corner and across the street (which they own), and it's trashed out. At night, one would feel like they could get mugged over there(thought, it is not going to happen). Some woman from a more upper class area in NJ would take one look at this place and never get out of her car.
Their target is not happening.
Given the fact that as you said the bedrooms are rather small. However, the bathrooms more than makes up for that. They are HUGE. The items included are nice to have. HELL yeah, I will take the washer and dryer. This same type of apartment, in Brooklyn, on the block where I used to live, rents for over $1700 a month >> http://www.trulia.com/rental/3007597...oklyn-NY-11238
But that block doesn't have abandoned buildings and trash in front of the buildings. And supers do sweep in front every morning. And that is the hood too. Upper class people done took over the area.

141 WAS a great look when I first came to rent and view. the ISSUE I HAVE WITH THIS PLACE IS THE ADJOINING BUILDINGS...IT'S GHETTO AND ABANDONED. Filthy, trashy...you get the idea. Even in front of our building, no one cleans... I'm not sure how you sell apartments in a nice building that is not kept clean on the outside. Certainly people that don't live in the hood, will NEVER rent here.

Clearly people that live here, don't care about it either. Since some people are just keen on just having a "nice" place to live, they just keep quiet. I complained and nothing was ever done.
I am all for a ncie place. But if the landscape is not kept up, then it is just another ghetto building that will be trashed out in a few years.

I will admit, this was a great idea, gone bad. Clearly, I would not pay more than $1,050 (as I am now) to receive less than I am getting, somewhere else. I would love to go back to Brooykln, but the prices are insane.

Last edited by Gemini365i; 12-26-2010 at 03:29 AM..

Old 01-05-2011, 09:11 PM

3 posts, read 6,988 times
I actually am currently stuck in a lease at Indigo 141!! I was originally drawn in by the promise of luxury high rise "New York style" living. This has turned out to be quite the fabrication!! I love the area it is conveniently located down the street from NJT. That is all I have good to say. Management is shady non reliable. The intercom systems do not work, security is unprofessional, gym equipment is broken! That's a small list of whats wrong with the common area. In my personal unit I have had leaking windows,broken dishwasher,flooding!Not to mention my outrageous electric bills! What makes it worse is the management's expression of non concern. I do not recommend this building. It was a great concept never followed through.

Old 01-31-2011, 05:17 PM

! My Lease expired recently. Never renewed it @ all. Can't afford to move atm. I definitely understand. This was a great project when i first moved in here. It was nice and real clean. I still keep my apt spotless. However, I'm sure since you've moved in, you have noticed how it has gone downhill...FAST!
I remember when i moved in here, there were only 3 people on my floor. Now the person that lives next to me, had a barking dog that doesn't shut up.

However, i have not had any issued with their 'security'. As you can see, they have done something stupid and hired gateway. Waste of money.
All the guys they had working the desk were real good. That was when I moved in. They they fired a few, because some idiot tenant opened his big mouth, since he saw one of em doing something on his personal time out in the streets.
It's rally hard to find quality people, even if security is not their field. They did have some of the best guys who went out of their way to do their jobs.

Communication is a 2 way street, and many people that live here, seem like communication is a given and you should speak to them. NO WAY!
I've always given a hello, smile and conducted myself appropriately when dealing with the management and security. AS you stated, the people that run the office are smug and Non-Professional. These people should not be in charge of running any business, furthermore, renting apartments to people.
I keep to myself and I don't even complain about anything or ask of anything to get done. Because I know it will not get done! But you bet they minute you are late with paying rent, they will be on your ass, demanding $75 late fee and $20 a day admin fees.

There are many people moving out still I see, and they seem as if they are having a hard time renting....Without the right person who can sell the apartments...They had her and let the best person to represent their scam go!

Now they are offering, I think $300 if you refer someone and I think $600 if the person BUYS the apartment.... Hmmmm!

Once I leave from here, I'm telling NJ to KMA ad I'm headed South where I can find real luxury at an affordable price. For $1050 or lower, I can probably get a beautiful 3 bedroom unit with all the fixings and maintenance that actually works. Someplace not in the hood with abandoned buildings next door. Quiet and suburban like.
Now I just need to find the job! I recommend all you people who are not rich do the same. Stop letting these management companies rape you with high rent for nothing.

Oh yeah i did email Jackie and told her the Gym equipment was broken. She never replied to me about that!

Last edited by Gemini365i; 01-31-2011 at 06:14 PM..

Old 02-03-2011, 11:29 PM

5 posts, read 21,702 times
Default Not thrilled

I too have been a tenant for 2 years now. I have also seen this building decline rapidly. On my floor alone within these past 2 months I have seen 3 tenants move out and 1 tenant move in. I will have to say the quality of people moving in has been declining as well. When I first moved into the building people would say hi, the front desk people were really down the earth and management was all about making you happy.

Now, it seems we get a new liaison who thinks she knows what is going on and starts to say this or that. I tell the new chic hey gym equipment is broken and my windows let in cold air which sucks out the heat from my apartment. But her sole response was you know you aren't suppose to walk your dog on the property. I am like are you serious. I am a single female who is not about to walk her non aggressive dog in the middle of the night just because you got this job and must follow the rules. Go kick rocks.

I usually am more formal with my posts, but I am highly disappointed. The utilities are killing me and trust if I was in a better position I would have moved like everyone else.

I feel like those who are here should get a deal not a measly old rebate saying recommendations incur a reward, yet in fine print, management has the right to end such an offer at anytime. SMH.

My best advice for people looking to move in, don't let the facade get you. In the end you will be stuck in a unit with mean neighbors, missing management, non friendly security guards, and a utility bill equivalent to another rent.

I wish you the best of luck!

P.S - I miss the old security guards!!

Old 03-23-2011, 11:49 AM

AGREED!

I'm moving to North Carolina in a week. I'm out of this dump!

Old 05-05-2011, 06:09 AM

Hey everyone,

Just thought I would come back and say hello. I have been in Charlotte for little over a month. What a relief.
My first duke-energy bill came in @ a whopping $60.00. I will be renting a 2 bedroom with 2 FULL bathrooms for $775.00 a month.
I now have a car and car insurance. I could not afford it living up there.

I think this is the best for my life. Moving from Brooklyn to NJ, in 2008 was the worst move I ever made.
I am fixing that mistake now, with this move.
It's been a lil rocky since I came down, but all is getting better with the new Job.
I'm not sure how much gas is up there, it is
$3.81 reg down here and about $4.10 for premium.

JE

Old 05-06-2011, 09:30 PM

1,110 posts, read 4,370,859 times
Glad to see you better off! Moving out of NJ does do alot of wonders for many people including myself. You will see all your bills drop considerably. Especially these tough times, every penny saved goes a long way. We lived (owned) in NJ for 2 years and was just simply horrible. We should have rented in NYC instead and would have save tons of money on property taxes,etc.

Wont make that mistake again..as with yourself.

Old 01-11-2016, 07:21 PM

1 posts, read 476 times
Default Indigo 141

Hi Everyone,
I wanted some feedback on indigo 141 in east orange NJ. Does anyone know of someone who lives here currently? As in the past year 2015? If so can you let me know how it is, pros and cons! Thanks

Old 01-12-2016, 06:38 PM

206 posts, read 473,455 times
here are the reviews from 12/2014, didn't see anything from 2015

http://www.apartmentratings.com/nj/e...iew-111459246/

and some older ones

http://www.apartmentratings.com/nj/e...3624121407018/

there is a Facebook page there but I don't have an account to see what it says. Assume negative reviews are removed

https://www.facebook.com/Indigo-141-...=page_internal

from what I am seeing I would suggest keep looking, the electric bills alone would turn me off from renting there. Surely you can do better for your money.

That old building sure has an interesting history from when it was the Hotel Suburban, but times have sure changed and not for the better.

East Orange's Golden Age

good luck with your search! If you attend Seton Hall you may have better luck looking around the village.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey