Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-13-2012, 05:43 PM

2,664 posts, read 5,636,001 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Hate View Post
Ths sir is Hip Hop...art driven, not paper driven. But this is not going to be given light unless you have established a "brand" or the people determine that this music is worthy of being heard. But the average consumer in the youth driven market might call this boring and stick to what they think the sheep will purchase.

Okay, I.'m out for real!
Who gives a mothaf#ck about an average consumer or what will the stupid youth listen to? If they listen to Rick Ross and Lady Gaga, what does that have to do with great acts like PE? NOTHING. At the same time you wann mix everyone into one bunch and label the whole movement as dead because of what dumb ass kids listen to? What if the kids start listening to some neo nazi rap? or some gay act who raps bout how great penis and flowers are, are those supposed to label all the other rap wack and dead too?
Don't be a sheep yourself.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-13-2012, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anon-Hate View Post
Lol...tell em why you mad son, lol!
who said im mad
im jus honest

Old 11-25-2012, 10:05 AM

4 posts, read 10,191 times
Default New hip-hop emcee rising out of Jersey.

Jersey hip-hop is actually really vibrant, however, the artist aren't on the national stage where the imprint is felt. Hopefully we're about to change that with Englewood, NJ emcee, H2. Check out his tracks on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/therealh2_r2r and follow him on Twitter.com/therealh2@r2r and Facebook.com/therealh2_r2r.

Youtube.com - http://youtu.be/HassH2

Not This Time - YouTube
Attached Thumbnails
What happened to New Jersey's rap scene???-watch-yo-b.jpg  

Old 11-25-2012, 02:11 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
rap will probably grow as the # of degenerates grows. its non entertaining at all. i think losers are intrigued by it because it takes less talent to perform it, so they feel its something they can do. maybe they can ever be successful and make money with it.

Old 11-25-2012, 03:30 PM

lol^
if it doesnt take talent then YOU can do this
Big L - Stretch & Bobbito '98 Freestyle - YouTube
but u cant...
these rap "losers" get more money than ull eva see

Old 11-25-2012, 05:19 PM

334 posts, read 731,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieOA View Post
Jersey hip-hop is actually really vibrant, however, the artist aren't on the national stage where the imprint is felt. Hopefully we're about to change that with Englewood, NJ emcee, H2. Check out his tracks on Soundcloud https://soundcloud.com/therealh2_r2r and follow him on Twitter.com/therealh2@r2r and Facebook.com/therealh2_r2r.

Youtube.com - http://youtu.be/HassH2

Not This Time - YouTube
I like his flow/cadence, but not the same old Rapper 101 topics.

Old 11-25-2012, 05:29 PM

334 posts, read 731,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
rap will probably grow as the # of degenerates grows. its non entertaining at all. i think losers are intrigued by it because it takes less talent to perform it, so they feel its something they can do. maybe they can ever be successful and make money with it.
Actually, it does take talent, this example not-withstanding. Some of the wordplay can be very clever and intricate. Whether it is rock, pop, rap or whatever, each genre has its share of geniuses and train wrecks. I can understand if you don't get it, but it is hard to give an accurate assessment of something you don't understand.

Last edited by Anon-Hate; 11-25-2012 at 06:11 PM..

Old 11-25-2012, 05:39 PM

225 posts, read 352,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
This is an incredibly uninformed statement. You're just going to write off an entire genre like that? Don't go by what you see on TV or what you hear on the radio. I have come to learn that the radio will only play lowest common denominator music. In other words, top 40 radio stations only play songs that are least likely to offend the masses on a musical level because that is the best way to make a lot of money. That does not mean, however, that better music does not exist.

Take Rock for example. If I knew nothing about the genre and only went by what I heard on top 40 stations I would think Rock was dead or had no artistic merit. I know better because I listen to bands that are not played on top 40 stations. You won't hear The Mars Volta, Queens of the Stone Age, Eagles of Death Metal, Dispatch or even the likes of Foo Fighters, The Black Keys or the Red Hot Chili Peppers on top 40 radio stations. Just because they are not playing through your car stereo every 10 minutes does not mean they do not exist.

Likewise you won't hear any good Rap on top 40 stations. As with Rock, all Rap played on these stations is terrible (in my opinion) but that does not mean that better Rap does not exist. Listen to Immortal Technique, People Under The Stairs, or Jedi Mind Tricks and then tell me you still think that Rap is only for "degenerates". No one genre of music is inherently worse than any other genre. There is both good and bad music from every genre.

Old 11-25-2012, 06:10 PM

no need to explain this typa concept to close minded people
if they dont get it, they dont get it
some people jus love being ignorant

Old 11-25-2012, 08:30 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by montycench View Post
You're just going to write off an entire genre like that?
absolutely. "rap" doesnt deserve to be discussed and taken seriously. it is the lowest common denominator. anyone that can talk can do it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey