Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What is your favorite football team?
Giants 36 43.90%
Jets 10 12.20%
Eagles 18 21.95%
Other 18 21.95%
Voters: 82. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 08:05 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickDD View Post
Four favorite NFL teams...
1) The Giants,
2) The Jets,
3) Whoever is playing against "that team from Dallas"
4) Whoever is playing against "that club from New England."

Anybody remember the New Jersey Generals (a team not hesitant to take the Jersey name)?
Also, I liked the name "Memphis Showboats." Anyone remember them?

I am surprised no one before me mentioned the "Scarlet Knights." They're a favorite team for many New Jerseyans who follow college ball.
Well then may I assume on 12/19 you will be rooting for my Saints as Dallas plays them at New Orleans
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-09-2009, 08:07 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
LOL I brought my grand son his Giants / Eagles tix last night
He posted a pic of the tickets & parking pass on FaceBook declaring the Giants will win Sunday as he will be in attendance...lol..he's 9

Old 12-09-2009, 08:08 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,273,135 times
Quote:
1) The Giants,
2) The Jets,
4) Whoever is playing against "that club from New England."

Anybody remember the New Jersey Generals (a team not hesitant to take the Jersey name)?
Also, I liked the name "Memphis Showboats." Anyone remember them?

I am surprised no one before me mentioned the "Scarlet Knights." They're a favorite team for many New Jerseyans who follow college ball.
Yup, I'm a bigger Rutgers fan than I am a Giants fan.

Speaking of this topic I literally just scored some free tickets to this Sunday's game against the Eagles. Sweet.

Old 12-09-2009, 09:59 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Look for those scumbag Eagles fans, as usual, to send at least 5-10k up the pike this week for the game. I've been to many of these games, both at Giants Stadium, and at the Vet, and it seems as though they send way more fans to our venue than the other way around.

Old 12-09-2009, 10:04 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,273,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Look for those scumbag Eagles fans, as usual, to send at least 5-10k up the pike this week for the game. I've been to many of these games, both at Giants Stadium, and at the Vet, and it seems as though they send way more fans to our venue than the other way around.
So....are you suggesting I bring my brass knuckles in preparation?

Old 12-09-2009, 10:51 AM

1,548 posts, read 4,316,442 times
Quote:
1) The Giants,
2) The Jets,
4) Whoever is playing against "that club from New England."...
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Well then may I assume on 12/19 you will be rooting for my Saints as Dallas plays them at New Orleans
Saints over Dallas? Absolutely!

Old 12-09-2009, 01:37 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:

We're everywhere. I went to an Eagles game in San Diego a few years back when I was living in California and there must have been 1,000 other Eagles fans there. And this is when they sucked. I can honestly say I saw Ryan Leaf beat Donovan McNabb!

Old 12-09-2009, 02:29 PM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
We're everywhere. I went to an Eagles game in San Diego a few years back when I was living in California and there must have been 1,000 other Eagles fans there. And this is when they sucked. I can honestly say I saw Ryan Leaf beat Donovan McNabb!
I will give the Eagles fans credit for traveling better than just about any other franchise. And I think this only goes back to the post-Buddy Ryan era. There was a Sunday night game in Jacksonville about 5 years ago and the stadium easily over half Eagles fans. Giants fans don't travel like that. But Mets fans certainly do. And therein lies the baseball/football passion divide between NY and Philadelphia.

Old 12-09-2009, 03:17 PM

6,183 posts, read 6,076,346 times
Quote:
I will give the Eagles fans credit for traveling better than just about any other franchise. And I think this only goes back to the post-Buddy Ryan era. There was a Sunday night game in Jacksonville about 5 years ago and the stadium easily over half Eagles fans. Giants fans don't travel like that. But Mets fans certainly do. And therein lies the baseball/football passion divide between NY and Philadelphia.
I'm not too familiar with Mets fans traveling well, but I know Phillies fans travel well. I've been to about 3 or 4 Dodgers-Phillies games in LA and I could honestly say there were probably between 800-900 Phillies fans at each game I went to. But I would agree football is king in Philly. The Phillies won the WS and they still have a fraction of the fans the Eagles do (who haven't won a title since 1960).

Old 12-10-2009, 09:26 AM

7,221 posts, read 11,937,206 times
Quote:
Hey....watch what you're saying about Iggles fans!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twista6002 View Post
I'm not too familiar with Mets fans traveling well, but I know Phillies fans travel well. I've been to about 3 or 4 Dodgers-Phillies games in LA and I could honestly say there were probably between 800-900 Phillies fans at each game I went to. But I would agree football is king in Philly. The Phillies won the WS and they still have a fraction of the fans the Eagles do (who haven't won a title since 1960).
Yankees fans travel very well. I've been to many Yankees games on the road and there have always been plenty others as there as well. Many of them may, of course, be actual transplants from the NY area as opposed to visitors as well though.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey