Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2010, 09:40 AM

162 posts, read 312,905 times

Advertisements

those unemployment cuts wont happen, won't even make it to the state senate floor, they've already promised that. It's obvious that Christie doesn;t have smart people around him. They are going after easy targets, the middle class. What he won;t do is step on the feet of his GOP supporting buddies, so thats why we all get screwed. Teacher, cops and other government workers pensions were never a problem until they started raiding the funds and missing payments.

When you or I miss our credit card payments for 6 months, guess what come that 7th month we owe Interest, fees and the missing payments. It's their own fault the pensions are unsustainable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2010, 10:37 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,688,469 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlukas79 View Post
those unemployment cuts wont happen, won't even make it to the state senate floor, they've already promised that. It's obvious that Christie doesn;t have smart people around him. They are going after easy targets, the middle class. What he won;t do is step on the feet of his GOP supporting buddies, so thats why we all get screwed. Teacher, cops and other government workers pensions were never a problem until they started raiding the funds and missing payments.

When you or I miss our credit card payments for 6 months, guess what come that 7th month we owe Interest, fees and the missing payments. It's their own fault the pensions are unsustainable.
Plus, keep in mind that the state took over some of those pension plans. When my sister & brother-in-law started teaching, their pensions were in the district, but the state took them over. My friend who works in the Camden County court system is now a state employee. The state took over the county court systems & their pensions.

Old 05-07-2010, 04:15 PM

272 posts, read 295,640 times
Add to what he has taken away: property tax rebate. Plans on taking away property tax break for seniors. Seniors have to pay more on their prescriptions, library cuts, meal plans for kids in school I'm sure there are more plans for Christie to hurt the middle class. All while those (yes it isn't a lot of money) but it is about $350,000 more than most people make and even after taxes you have a heck of lot more money left over than the rest of us. All I hear is teacher should sacrifice well if things are so bad everyone should sacrifice. Including Christie himself lead by example. Let's do it together. Look at the hate he is creating in our own state.

Old 05-07-2010, 05:08 PM

631 posts, read 720,061 times
For those of us who live in Watershed towns, Christie is cutting ALL the aid. Looks like I'll be getting a nice raise in my property tax.

NorthJersey.com: Mayor makes another plea to state for watershed aid

Old 05-07-2010, 10:25 PM

2,940 posts, read 8,322,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
For those of us who live in Watershed towns, Christie is cutting ALL the aid. Looks like I'll be getting a nice raise in my property tax.

NorthJersey.com: Mayor makes another plea to state for watershed aid
It just gets worse and worse. Does this guy have a death wish?

Old 05-08-2010, 06:10 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,626,763 times
state took over the county court systems & their pensions.

That was to assist in controlling property taxes. That is why it was comical when Corzine was criticized for increasing State employment. He really did not he took employees from the county- if you removed those employees he actually cut the # of State employees. It seems most people do not really know facts but just spew nonsense they hear.
I am not a Corzine supporter by the way. I just like political arguments to be based on facts

Old 05-08-2010, 06:50 AM

631 posts, read 720,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johninwestbury View Post
It just gets worse and worse. Does this guy have a death wish?

I just dont get it. The right is always about slashing spending and lowering taxes. All I see is my taxes going up, and my towns school system suffering.

Old 09-17-2010, 05:52 PM

1,595 posts, read 2,764,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I really think he doesn't care about the politics. He knows we have a huge budget deficit and he has to take bold action. Whoever is affected is going to complain. He is in a no win situation whatever cuts he makes some one is going to be angry.
Excuse my language but he's a heartless Bastard. I know people who don't even make $30,000 - $35,000 a year and they are going to be forced to have 3% of their salary taken out in support of Obama's health care. He plans to tax SS of retired people, raise the retirement age for employees who are just a few years away from retirement. I could see making changes for new employees but why not grandfather in the years to retirement age/pension for those who already have 20-25 years of service. To do this to people who worked for so many years with low salaries and tax the people who depend on Social Security checks to survive truly makes him a heartless bastard, period. People who think this will lower their taxes are delusional...taxes never ever go down, never. Expect to see private industry suffer even more now when products they would normally purchase are now shut off.

Old 09-17-2010, 10:37 PM

1,162 posts, read 2,107,720 times
sorry can't feel sorry for them when they make good salaries and have great benefits. many in this country are barely hanging on...

NJ Teacher Search

Old 09-18-2010, 03:59 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,762,566 times
It's not only teachers taking the hits and if teachers want to get mad, they need to get mad at the top heavy school systems.
There is no way some towns need Superintendants with the number of people/kids they are working for. Consolidation would go a long way to solve the education mess.

I know many people that are missing out on raises for a 3-yr time span + paying more for benefits, etc. It's not only teachers. That was a system that was broken and needed reform.
He is doing what no one has had the guts to do. If teachers are losing out, they need to direct their anger toward their administrations and what's going on there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey