Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-21-2010, 06:50 AM

1,153 posts, read 3,601,918 times

Advertisements

Wondering if this is a safe and nice area to live.....thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2010, 07:09 AM

14,780 posts, read 43,675,370 times
You'd get more responses in the South Jersey subforum. What I could basically tell you is, no, Willingboro is not a nice and safe area to live. It doesn't look bad driving through, but the schools are poor and there is a lot of drug and supposed gang activity. There are much better communities to choose in that area.

Old 09-21-2010, 07:17 AM

877 posts, read 2,838,496 times
It doesn't look bad driving through there but I've heard some things about it. For the record, it's population is also about 65% black, so it is really a black town. That doesn't make it bad though.

Why not look in Delran? The next town down Rt 130. From what I hear Delran is great in terms of bang for your buck.

Last edited by Whoelsebutcharles; 09-21-2010 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: Typo

Old 06-11-2011, 07:36 AM

32 posts, read 124,046 times
Hello,

I'm originally from Brooklyn N.Y and have been living here for almost 6 years. It's not a bad area at all. The houses are less expensive then the areas around this township but they are bigger and you get more for your money. I NEVER had an issue with so called gang people etc. I have two young boys and they love it. The school system is terrible starting at JHS and high school so I will be moving next year hopefully. Only because of that reason. You have to remember that Willingboro was once a neighborhood where Blacks were not allowed to buy homes here. Research it! It's a story to know about. Levitt and his brothers did not want any blacks to move in Willingboro in the 60's. Back then it was called Levitt township. A military man by the name of James took him to court and won. He was the first black person to move here. They even named a school after him. After that more African Americans started moving in and Whites started moving out. I was really sad to hear some of the comments stating that it's a bad neighborhood because it's really not. There is just more Black people living here, and I think that is the reason why the houses are cheaper then other townships near by. And for the record Burlington City or Camden city is NOTHING compared to Willingboro N.J. So if you don't like telling your family you live in an Almost all black community and you will be ashamed then Willingboro is not for you. But if you don't mind living with hard working minorities that will not bother you and you will get plenty of space for your money then Welcome!!!!!! FYI I'm Hispanic and I have like 4 or 5 White American neighbors that stayed around since the 60's. They don't mind it. Why can't we all just get Along!!!!!

Old 06-11-2011, 07:47 AM

1,619 posts, read 3,771,856 times
Well there has to be a reason why the houses are cheaper. I grew up in the area, and we always hated going to Willingboro for sports events. One year we actually won and our school bus was bombarded with rocks from the Willingboro students.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: