Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2010, 07:18 AM

204 posts, read 635,308 times

Advertisements

Whether you are in support of your school budget and hates Christie or have been complaining about the cost overrun in the school system. Get out there and vote.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-20-2010, 08:29 AM

146 posts, read 626,322 times
And here we go again. Christie trying to make panful cuts to force the excess unionized bureaucracies to tighten their belts and instead they come up with ways to pass it onto the consumer/citizen. First NJ Transit and now with education (districts are trying offset cuts with increasing prop taxes???). What about cutting back just like everyone else is doing in this economy!

Old 04-20-2010, 08:57 AM

153 posts, read 488,910 times
I support impeaching the NJ Supreme Court and equalizing state aid to all communities so 31 districts don't bankrupt the rest of us and drive up our taxes. Oh wait, that's not on the ballot.

I'm voting a big, fat NO to tax hikes! My districts wants to get rid of about 20-30 teachers. I say that's not enough.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 AM

204 posts, read 635,308 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jubileefd View Post
And here we go again. Christie trying to make panful cuts to force the excess unionized bureaucracies to tighten their belts and instead they come up with ways to pass it onto the consumer/citizen. First NJ Transit and now with education (districts are trying offset cuts with increasing prop taxes???). What about cutting back just like everyone else is doing in this economy!
I'm voting 'no' also.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:21 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,702,762 times
Quote:
this is a blanket statement that doesn't apply to every district in the state.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GS37 View Post
I support impeaching the NJ Supreme Court and equalizing state aid to all communities so 31 districts don't bankrupt the rest of us and drive up our taxes. Oh wait, that's not on the ballot.

I'm voting a big, fat NO to tax hikes! My districts wants to get rid of about 20-30 teachers. I say that's not enough.
which taxes are you talking about? state taxes haven't risen, in fact, they're letting a surcharge expire for those making $400K+. I don't see a line on my RE tax bill for "abbott". i see county taxes (which is minuscule), local school taxes, and open space.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:28 AM

146 posts, read 626,322 times
Ok well then enlighten us as to which ones it doesn't. For ANY of them to do this is atrocious enough. Voters will be showing their feelings on this in the booth today--enough of the bloated budgets.

Old 04-20-2010, 09:35 AM

Quote:
Ok well then enlighten us as to which ones it doesn't. For ANY of them to do this is atrocious enough. Voters will be showing their feelings on this in the booth today--enough of the bloated budgets.
red bank. teachers agreed to a 3 yr salary freeze. enlightened now?

Old 04-20-2010, 09:44 AM

2,942 posts, read 6,009,659 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
which taxes are you talking about? state taxes haven't risen, in fact, they're letting a surcharge expire for those making $400K+. I don't see a line on my RE tax bill for "abbott". i see county taxes (which is minuscule), local school taxes, and open space.
It's been disguised in the form of stealth tax. You can deduct up to $10,000 in real estate taxes, all other taxes are non-deductible. Why is that? so the state can keep more of our hard-earned dollars to fund Abbott districts. County taxes - why are we paying county for police services, we have our own local police, double taxation. The list goes on and on......

Old 04-20-2010, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrmlyBklyn View Post
It's been disguised in the form of stealth tax. You can deduct up to $10,000 in real estate taxes, all other taxes are non-deductible. Why is that? so the state can keep more of our hard-earned dollars to fund Abbott districts. County taxes - why are we paying county for police services, we have our own local police, double taxation. The list goes on and on......
i'd like to see the "on and on". do you have documentation or is this speculation?

was the $10K in property tax deduction a relatively new thing that coincided with abbott inception? same with county police?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey