Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2007, 09:45 AM

15 posts, read 95,111 times

Advertisements

My family is looking at housing in the Red Bank/Fair Haven/Little Silver Area. From what we have seen, We love the older homes in Red Bank, but are not sure about how family oriented the town is? we have very young children, and are looking for a Family Oriented town to place our roots for the next 5 or more years. Any thoughts on Red Bank for a young family? Especially the schools? We know RBC has a good reputation.
Any Thoughts on Fair Haven/Little Silver? We have interest in these towns as well. Proximity to the beaches and Pkwy is important to us also.
Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2007, 11:28 AM

54 posts, read 191,236 times
Red Bank has one of the nicest downtowns in NJ, and its constantly getting better. School wise, I think they are OK and can't possibly be that bad. Fair Haven, from what I hear, has very good schools and the HS is Rumson-Fair Haven which is very good. Little Silver is nice but I heard the schools there were crowded and taxes were high.

Old 06-11-2007, 11:54 AM

1,346 posts, read 2,202,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DDolan View Post
My family is looking at housing in the Red Bank/Fair Haven/Little Silver Area. From what we have seen, We love the older homes in Red Bank, but are not sure about how family oriented the town is? we have very young children, and are looking for a Family Oriented town to place our roots for the next 5 or more years. Any thoughts on Red Bank for a young family? Especially the schools? We know RBC has a good reputation.
Any Thoughts on Fair Haven/Little Silver? We have interest in these towns as well. Proximity to the beaches and Pkwy is important to us also.
Thanks
Fair haven or little silver would be wiser choices, red banks schools have many problems beginning with the fact that there are many illegals in red bank using the schools, that with the low income west side residents make the schools a poor choice. Also the activities in res bank are not geared to kids.
Little Silvers elementary schools are some of the best around while Rumson/Fair haven HS is better than RBR which is where the little silver HS kids go.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:02 PM

167 posts, read 689,598 times
If its between Fair Haven and Little Silver. Go with Fair Haven. Fair Haven goes to Rumson-Fair Haven HS. And is one of the top HS in the state. Rumson is an amazing town. I moved their my senior year of hs. We lived in the guest house (which was 4bdrm's) on one of the largest estates in the town.

Old 06-11-2007, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
If its between Fair Haven and Little Silver. Go with Fair Haven. Fair Haven goes to Rumson-Fair Haven HS. And is one of the top HS in the state. Rumson is an amazing town. I moved their my senior year of hs. We lived in the guest house (which was 4bdrm's) on one of the largest estates in the town.
hehehe don't get carried away, RFH is an ok school but it is far from being the best in the state, NJ monthly has it as #33

Old 06-11-2007, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
hehehe don't get carried away, RFH is an ok school but it is far from being the best in the state, NJ monthly has it as #33
Boy, has it fallen then. When I went there years ago. It was #3 after Holmdel and another school up north.

Old 06-11-2007, 07:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zipbags View Post
Boy, has it fallen then. When I went there years ago. It was #3 after Holmdel and another school up north.
sorry but you're mistaken, maybe some gloating administrator filled you with a load of self promoting BS.
it was never rated so high, my older son began HS at that time, I investigated every school around. There are many local HS that are better than RFH for example MAST and High Tech, RBR has some excellent programs, Holmdel is up there and some of the Freehold regional schools are decent.
Unfortunately our HS, Henry Hudson is for the birds, I'd never send my kids there, they are at CBA, which people in Rumson look down on.

Old 06-12-2007, 08:41 AM

[quote=kort677;869260]sorry but you're mistaken, maybe some gloating administrator filled you with a load of self promoting BS.
it was never rated so high.QUOTE]

I want my money back!

Old 06-12-2007, 10:35 AM

[quote=zipbags;871706]
Quote:
Originally Posted by kort677 View Post
sorry but you're mistaken, maybe some gloating administrator filled you with a load of self promoting BS.
it was never rated so high.QUOTE]

I want my money back!
hehe, don't hold your breath

Old 06-12-2007, 05:29 PM

18 posts, read 87,589 times
I grew up in Fair Haven/Rumson. Good luck finding something affordable. The schools are great. I actually went to Red Bank Catholic and my brother to Christian Brothers Academy in Lincroft. The Red Bank public schools are ok. Not as good as Fair Haven though. Fair Haven has a small town feel, lots of kids and they ride bikes to school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: