Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2010, 05:04 PM

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times

Advertisements

There comes a time, when a man must make a decision, to leave or to stay. Being on City-Data for a few years now, I’ve learned a lot, argued a lot and made some online friends.

But what has changed here about people opinions…nothing. All we appear to do is argue back and forth on who’s right, but nothing changes. Mind you City-Data is a great site and has a lot of other info, but time is precious. Back around Christmas I took a few weeks off the site since there was nothing but fighting going on. Came back and nothing changed. It’s sort of like a soap opera. You can leave for a few years and watch the show again and you’re up to par again, because it’s like playing the old game of “pong”. The little while cube goes back and forth, but nothing really happens.

Like I said, time is precious and I spend way to much time online. Something has to give.

This will be my last posting on the 2 sites that I visit the most. New Jersey and politics-other-controversies.

So, I would like to thank those here for their bantering and others for their friendship, but thanking everyone is what’s important. I am also hoping that the mods leave this up for people who want to contact me, can reach me at mpbsr25@aol.com.

I thank you all again and my God Bless everyone here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2010, 05:10 PM

12,380 posts, read 26,853,319 times
Oh no please stay or join the site i use , less fighting LOL

Old 04-28-2010, 05:13 PM

10 posts, read 23,963 times
i am new here from nj though south plainfield i live in for years now however born raise in new brunswick.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherParalegalLSW View Post
i am new here from nj though south plainfield i live in for years now however born raise in new brunswick.
huh

Old 04-28-2010, 05:23 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
I agree with you. Little of the forum is helpful to others, rather a lot of "I'm right" and "You're wrong." Sad, because other forums are geared towards questions and inquiries and provide insightful advice.

I grew up in NJ and spent most of my adult life there. When I read some of the "discussions" on this forum, I fear people outside the state are turned off by the "attitudes." Best of luck.

Old 04-28-2010, 05:29 PM

Maybe someone can create a Just Jersey or Northeastern US Site.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:35 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,690,922 times
we're all guilty of getting ugly (maybe with the exception of mike0421), including yourself who used the term corslime in nearly every NJ governor post prior to November. and you wonder why people react they way they do...it's happening now, except the shoe's on the other foot, with people calling Christie fat.

seriously though, i wish you the best.

Old 04-29-2010, 02:44 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,979,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
But what has changed here about people opinions…nothing. All we appear to do is argue back and forth on who’s right, but nothing changes. Mind you City-Data is a great site and has a lot of other info, but time is precious. Back around Christmas I took a few weeks off the site since there was nothing but fighting going on. Came back and nothing changed. It’s sort of like a soap opera. You can leave for a few years and watch the show again and you’re up to par again, because it’s like playing the old game of “pong”. The little while cube goes back and forth, but nothing really happens.
There's no question that what is discussed at this place is utterly meaningless, but something inside compels me to argue with people I don't know whenever I'm waiting for a large file to download, on a boring conference call, or eating lunch at my desk. I get what you're saying though.

Old 04-29-2010, 10:57 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,925,039 times
Stick around.

Me, I'd rather debate virtual strangers.

I've got better things to do when I'm physically with my friends and acquainitances.

Old 04-30-2010, 04:06 AM

1,081 posts, read 2,268,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
There comes a time, when a man must make a decision, to leave or to stay. Being on City-Data for a few years now, I’ve learned a lot, argued a lot and made some online friends.

Like I said, time is precious and I spend way to much time online. Something has to give.

This will be my last posting on the 2 sites that I visit the most. New Jersey and politics-other-controversies.

So, I would like to thank those here for their bantering and others for their friendship, but thanking everyone is what’s important. I am also hoping that the mods leave this up for people who want to contact me, can reach me at mpbsr25@aol.com.

I thank you all again and my God Bless everyone here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherParalegalLSW View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nexis4Jersey View Post
huh
Heather thought he said "bong".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey