Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who is the right choice for New Mexico in 2010!
Susana Martinez - Republican 64 62.14%
Diane D. Denish - Democrat 39 37.86%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,099,885 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradly View Post
Thats the stupidest thing I have ever heard on this forum.
This is AMERICA. We can do whatever we want thats is the beauty of it!

Sorry, you are too young to understand politics, kid.

My family as well made a huge donation to Susana, they are residing in Nevada, from Northern New mexico.
Dude, as far as we all know, you may be my age or younger judging by many of your previous posts. I'm sure I know just as much or more than you. I made my contribution to Denish's campaign from within the bounds of this state(New Mexico). And I'm glad that my money, as small a contribution it might be, is being utilized to make sure New Mexico has the brightest future that is possible for it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2010, 09:49 PM

3,011 posts, read 10,035,301 times
GREAT AD!

Old 09-02-2010, 10:27 PM

3,435 posts, read 6,994,864 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Dude, as far as we all know, you may be my age or younger judging by many of your previous posts. I'm sure I know just as much or more than you. I made my contribution to Denish's campaign from within the bounds of this state(New Mexico). And I'm glad that my money, as small a contribution it might be, is being utilized to make sure New Mexico has the brightest future that is possible for it.
First off I'm not you're "dude"... judging your posts..... gosh nothing. No comment.

First off, saying you know more than someone is foolish. Really.. how childish.
And good for you, I made mine to Susana from my business in Nevada

Old 09-03-2010, 08:57 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,193,444 times
How about we take this back toward the gubernatorial election in New Mexico and make it less about whether bradly has the standing to patronize (at a 10th grade reading level no less) those with opposing viewpoints?

Politicians get blamed when things go poorly. They get credit when things go well. They deserve neither.

Let's move on to drug policy. Gary Johnson, former GOP governor of NM, is at the forefront at the argument for decriminalizing some drugs, yet Susana Martinez, also of the GOP, spent much of her time as D.A. (and tax dollars) prosecuting marijuana smugglers. I think it's safe to say that she won't be picking up that torch.

Denish supports medical marijuana, and the laws currently on the books that allow for legal growing of marijuana in the state.

I find it interesting that the more libertarian viewpoint comes from the left on this one. Citizens on both sides are outraged that government spending is so high, yet the incarceration of nonviolent drug offenders costs the state $22M each year, and that aspect of drug policy is seldom mentioned. What's a voter to do?

One more estimate: For every two nonviolent drug offenders in prison, that's one less teacher or police officer that can be hired.

I'd sure like a governor whose campaign is "out of my bedroom, out of my wallet, period."

Old 09-03-2010, 09:34 AM

Out of your bedroom?

Old 09-03-2010, 09:35 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoidberg View Post
Far less understandable, for me, is why a Texas developer (and his wife) felt like smashing the record for a donation: $450,000 to Martinez' campaign.

At this point, we could end up with the best governor Texans could buy. Wonder why the other candidate isn't making much noise about this.
welcome to the world of politics. Many politicians get a large amount of their donations from out of their region, this could be from other counties, other states and other countries.

Nita

Old 09-03-2010, 09:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,897,654 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Beats me, too. I think it should be illegal for out-of-state or international persons to donate to any campaign. I'm sure they just want to be able to drive from Texas into New Mexico without a change in politics or scenery. And theyd probably like to be able to hunt from deer stands as well here. Oh well, I really wish they'd make some big noise about this.
If you knew a little more about the system you might be able to understand. It goes so much deeper than what you might think should be the policy and law. Your thoughts are based on idealism instead reality. You can say, donations must come from within, what about the ones that come from corporations that will benefit from a particular person winning or certain activist groups donating for their own causes?

Nita

Old 09-03-2010, 10:42 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,099,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
If you knew a little more about the system you might be able to understand. It goes so much deeper than what you might think should be the policy and law. Your thoughts are based on idealism instead reality. You can say, donations must come from within, what about the ones that come from corporations that will benefit from a particular person winning or certain activist groups donating for their own causes?

Nita
All of those should be banned. Replaced with publicly funded election systems as they have in other countries. Once a party gets a certain percentage registered, they qualify for public funding, and every party is absolutely equal in regards to funding. Corporations SHOULD NOT have any sway over elections, whatsoever.

Old 09-03-2010, 11:07 AM

888 posts, read 1,188,040 times
Unfortunately, our conservative-dominated Supreme Court has voted otherwise.
If you thought politicians could be bought and sold BEFORE this latest Supreme Court ruling, you ain't seen nothing yet!!

Steve

Old 09-03-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post

Nita
We think too much alike.

They will learn, that is just life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico