Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 06:30 AM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,101,509 times

Advertisements

Another good thing about chile is it seems we can all get along when chile is involved, regardless of politics or religion or any of those other silly things that divide us all...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-22-2010, 10:18 AM

17,916 posts, read 24,455,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Another good thing about chile is it seems we can all get along when chile is involved, regardless of politics or religion or any of those other silly things that divide us all...
Red.

Wrong, Green.

Red, man!

Are you stupid? GREEN!!

DIE DIE DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 07-22-2010, 12:08 PM

5,548 posts, read 16,111,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgoodwx
... interested in burning their tongue out of their
head instead of FLAVOR, by all means, ... have at it.
I call that having a ( short for ) Richard-Size-War.

"You can't take it as hot as I can -- wussy!"

Old 07-22-2010, 12:50 PM

32 posts, read 64,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBM View Post
Au contraire, and to prove my point I will ask whether I am the only transplant who after living here for eons still feels awkward when having to utter the words "Christmas" when being interrogated by a restaurant server. It's as if I'm being tested to provide the secret code word before they'll comingle my red and green. I'm a firm believer in the separation of church, state and food and "I'll have both" is a perfectly reasonable secular response. Then again, maybe I'm just weird.

Old 07-22-2010, 05:40 PM

132 posts, read 279,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixy View Post
Au contraire, and to prove my point I will ask whether I am the only transplant who after living here for eons still feels awkward when having to utter the words "Christmas" when being interrogated by a restaurant server. It's as if I'm being tested to provide the secret code word before they'll comingle my red and green. I'm a firm believer in the separation of church, state and food and "I'll have both" is a perfectly reasonable secular response. Then again, maybe I'm just weird.
don't take this the wrong way it is meant tongue in cheek but what you have written here reminds me of the Rolling Stones song
" I can't get no assimulation!"

Old 07-22-2010, 07:36 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,053,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brixy View Post

I just say both if I want both, I honestly have never even heard of the saying "Christmas" before, untill I read it somewhere on a website that it was NM's state question or something like that, and I have lived in NM my whole life, up until the last month or so.

Old 07-22-2010, 08:51 PM

12,686 posts, read 36,443,093 times
The red green question is known the world over. I was watching "In Plain Sight" and Mary said something about it to a new witness. Something like that's about the most important decision she'd have to make in Albuq.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:54 AM

41 posts, read 86,309 times
I'm moving back to NM from Minnesota a week from tomorrow. This thread is making my mouth water.

BTW, I love red and green equally. Sacrilege or not, I order my food with half-red/half-green. And I'm not ashamed!

Old 07-24-2010, 04:02 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,053,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz123 View Post
The red green question is known the world over. I was watching "In Plain Sight" and Mary said something about it to a new witness. Something like that's about the most important decision she'd have to make in Albuq.

I doubt its known the world over, c'mon, Im from New Mexico and I had never ever heard of it, and Im a hispanic who grew up eating chile, not once did I ever hear a person ever mention the word Christmas when talking about Chile, I think its some sort of tourist thing that NM promotes, knda like the Q, ABQ residents dont refer to ABQ as "The Q".

and I doubt people even knew what they were talking about on "In Plain Sight", Im sure they probably think of TX style chili, and wonder what the green is all about.

Old 07-25-2010, 09:17 PM

195 posts, read 472,987 times
i would feel too haughty if i said "christmas" when asked about red or green chile at a restaurant. it's like trying too hard to be new mexican. and then you run the risk of the server not knowing what you mean. so i'd just stay simple and say "both."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: