Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2010, 12:27 AM

1,066 posts, read 2,256,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsrobinson73 View Post
I did call the number written on my ticket. I just wanted to know what is the best way to proceed. They said I have to show up on a monday or friday morning.......after that point i think she said i could proceed by mail, but unless I want to admit guilt and pay ticket i do have to show up........

thanks for the replies.
Admit guilt and pay ticket! If you are guilty just do it. Next time don't speed. Seems simple to me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 08:46 PM

479 posts, read 1,299,295 times
JDTH ~ relax dude! The policeman is the one who suggested I go to court. I have never been pulled over in my life, much less a speeding ticket. I was speeding, I am not trying to "get out" of anything~ but I would be stupid to not want to get my "charges" lessened, and if I have a chance to, yea Im going to. Regarless, I still have no idea what exactly im supposed to go at court, but im supposing once im there, they can direct me. If they offered me traffic school, i would take it ~

Old 08-07-2010, 05:43 PM

185 posts, read 489,714 times
Default Don't sweat it-judges are people too

Sorry to hear about your ticket. We had a problem with a neighbor and her damn pit bulls running loose attacking people and other dogs, and when we and other neighbors filed a police report, we received a subpoena for municipal court as witnesses. The whole exercise was pretty low key, no big deal. The position is an elected one, so the judge (who doesn't even have a law degree!!) doesn't want to upset anyone so no "fire and brimstone", especially if you're a tourist. You will probably have to pay court costs ($29 in Lincoln, not sure Alamo) and maybe a small additional fine, but should be able to keep off your insurance. Good luck-and did you get picked up in the construction zone? That is a real PITA, but I guess we need the revenue enhancement in the state right now.

Old 08-07-2010, 07:58 PM

479 posts, read 1,299,295 times
thanks hogfarmer ~ no it wasn't in the construction zone thank goodness. I am more than happy to pay the fine(s) just would like to keep it off my insurance if at all possible. Thanks for posting!!!!! Im hoping the court thing here is low key as well............thanks again!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico