Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2010, 04:12 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,007,381 times

Advertisements

A friend of mine went into the local "Department of workforce solutions".?
He waited and waited and had all his paper work from his employer and they "get this" DID NOT KNOW WHAT DO FOR HIM".
Like what...
Told him to come back another day and someone might be there to help him.
This was in Grants.

I just went on line to try and apply for my unemployment and after filling in some of the prelim info...I get's this message...go to a local office.

Anyone have a similiar problem...talk about Gov. waste, stupid, idiototic,lazy, where and how do they get these people to hire...

HW....cooling down with a Keystone Light
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2010, 04:24 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,413,637 times
Yeh it is bs. And the reasons they come up with to refuse you unemployment is a complete joke too.

Old 08-06-2010, 04:25 PM

3,689 posts, read 9,186,940 times
I agree.. what kind of world is this when a light-beer drinking average Joe can't get a government check?

Old 08-06-2010, 04:35 PM

4,468 posts, read 8,007,381 times
Just called the 800 number and was told, sorry call back later.
Glad the refer is in the basement next to the office, bottoms up...

Old 08-07-2010, 09:00 AM

206 posts, read 535,404 times
Hunter, yes, there is a HUGE amount of incompetence and ineptitude here the the Southwest. I spent 20 years in Ca. and things ran pretty smoothly, but moved to Az. 6 years ago and am continually AMAZED at the general incompetence. I've come to the conclusion that it's a mixture of "lack of intellect" and "don't give a crap attitude". I wonder, do the folks who live here think this is normal?

Old 08-07-2010, 03:45 PM

8,317 posts, read 29,480,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b 1 View Post
Hunter, yes, there is a HUGE amount of incompetence and ineptitude here the the Southwest. I spent 20 years in Ca. and things ran pretty smoothly, but moved to Az. 6 years ago and am continually AMAZED at the general incompetence. I've come to the conclusion that it's a mixture of "lack of intellect" and "don't give a crap attitude". I wonder, do the folks who live here think this is normal?
Then go back to California . . . then everybody would be happier.

Old 08-07-2010, 04:14 PM

207 posts, read 549,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzlover View Post
Then go back to California . . . then everybody would be happier.
Dang... ya beat me to it!

Old 08-08-2010, 08:28 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,785,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b 1 View Post
and do you think things are running smoothly in Ca right now? If you think so, maybe you need to move back.

I hate to tell you this cause it might shock you, but people who work for the dept of employment, regardless of where you live aren't not known for their intelligence overall. They are over worked office employees mainly.

OP, you might want to try the office in Valencia county. It has been several years but my husband found them very friendly. NO, he wasn't collecting unemployment (thank god) but was looking for a job.

Nita

Old 08-09-2010, 11:36 AM

83 posts, read 180,384 times
I lived in NY and forgive me but I rather have the firendly people from the SW vs. the abnoxious New Yorkers. Want to go and ask for any type of help there? Good luck!!!

Old 08-12-2010, 09:19 AM

127 posts, read 555,304 times
My father applied 6 weeks ago and his status is still pending. Luckily he found a job and will start next week. Wonder if he will get back pay if he is approved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: