Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2010, 11:54 AM

1 posts, read 10,939 times

Advertisements

I will be moving to Gallup, NM in a year and I have been researching rentals (houses/apartments) there and I cannot find anything information/pictures about the few apartments that are listed.

I was wondering if anyone could tell me about the apartments. Thank you
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2010, 12:01 PM

1 posts, read 11,033 times
I am also moving to Gallup,NM very soon and cant find much on cheep housing .Im on a fixed income and need something.

Last edited by Poncho_NM; 09-24-2014 at 12:44 PM..

Old 03-14-2011, 12:23 PM

6 posts, read 21,259 times
My husband and I and our young children live in Gallup. Casamera Apartments are the nicest apartments in town. Some say the only ones that are worth living in. If you are on a fixed income of under $40,000 you might be able to get discounted rent around $500 or so a month (depending on income and family size). Otherwise you pay market price which for a 3 bed/2bath 1200sq foot is $900. They have 2 bed/2bath as well but availability for either size is not very high. Energy efficient so low cost utilities. Built in 2008 and with very neutral finishes so looks nice and the complex is quite strict on cleanliness. If you search on google for casamera in Gallup, nm you can find their website. They have photos of the outside and the floor plans.

It is very hard to get something to rent here in Gallup though. There is a very limited number of apartment buildings in town so sometimes people have to wait a month or more after moving here for something to open up. There are a limited number of houses to rent but people find out about them more through word of mouth and sheer luck. For the other apartment complexes you have to just call and ask or if you come to town go in during office hours and ask about availability. No other places have websites or photos available that I have seen. Chuska (sp?) apartments are also newer but smaller than Casamera. I don't know what they look like but might be nicer than the older complexes.

Hope this helps.

Last edited by nuttygirl; 03-14-2011 at 12:30 PM.. Reason: change/add info

Old 06-12-2011, 09:27 AM

8 posts, read 21,095 times
Let me know how it's goin over there in Gallup. I tried to move there in 2008, unable, because of family situation. I am in my hometown of Louisville, KY and spend alot of time looking at Gallup NM on the web. I like pulling up the Independent online, and dreaming about getting back to the most beautiful country i have ever known.

Old 03-10-2012, 12:21 PM

1 posts, read 8,845 times
Default Apartments in gallup

I'll also be moving soon to gallup, nm. Im looking for aprtmts or houses for rent and i cant find much on websites! Anybody can help?

Old 05-15-2012, 07:28 AM

1 posts, read 8,403 times
I was just in Gallup this weekend. It was not a great experience in finding a place to live. There are very few apartments worth living in and the house rentals are crazy expensive. Century 21, Remax, and Coldwell all quoted me $1500, $1700, and $2000 monthly rent for a house. And the properties are not kept at all. The driveways have huge holes and water damage throughout the walls. These homes are all built in the 70's and 80's and they want that type of rent? Somebody help!

Old 05-15-2012, 09:23 PM

197 posts, read 454,283 times
I used to live in Gallup but vey glad I moved, not going to say why....many reasons. Anyway most of the apartments in Gallup are income restricted and my only choice was to rent a dumpy trailer that was located about 23 miles outside of Gallup in Tse Bonito.

Old 10-20-2013, 02:24 PM

457 posts, read 646,621 times
All of this is still true these days. There are VERY LIMITED things on Craigslist and Oodle. This, you see, is why people live in those hotels along Route 66. Not everyone who lives in those run-down hotels on Route 66 and pays monthly rates is a lowlife scumbag drug addict or alcoholic like most people on the Internet seem to think. I called one of them to ask for their monthly rate, and the guy said he's got some long-term residents who are teachers and nurses and otherwise affiliated with UNM-Gallup.

Basically the solution is to get hold of a Gallup phone book and start calling around...

Old 02-18-2014, 06:43 PM

1 posts, read 4,480 times
We're being kicked out by our current landlord despite our being good tenants and we need a place very soon. Anyone know of a 2 bedroom or even 1 bedroom would be fine. I use to live in a subsidized apartment. But being that I'm moving to DC and i'm the main lease holder they say i can't live there anymore. And i'm paid up to March 31, 2014. My son still lives in the area. I guess they don't consider him a human being that needs a home. Ugh.. livid to say the least. Which left me with a week and a half to pack, move and find a place. Honest! i'm a good tenant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico