Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 01:44 AM

4,552 posts, read 15,052,717 times

Advertisements

I dont use the A/C all that much cause I try and save on elec, but I do use a portable fan that I put in front of my bed when I sleep, nothing worse than sleeping in a hot uncomfortable room, the other morning when I got up at 5:30 in the morning the apartment was already hot and humid inside and I wanted to turn on the a/c but I toughed it out.

I go without a/c in my truck cause that is what Im use to, ever since I started driving I've rarely ever used the a/c even when it was 105 degrees outside in Portales. My first car had no a/c so I adapted plus I love the feel of the heat blowing on you driving down the road.

I cant imagine people saying, oh its a dry heat you dont need a/c, I dont care if its a dry heat, 95 degrees is hot no matter if humid or dry. I bet the same people telling yall this are the same ones that get in their car and turn on the a/c then return to a house where the a/c had been on all day.

The sun shines so bright here and through the windows that it heats up a house, you got 98 degree weather outside and a very intense sun shinning in the house heating the inside up to it does get a little uncomfortable.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2008, 10:09 AM

5,548 posts, read 16,110,761 times
Towanda

> I am looking forward to the arrival of cooler weather.

There are 60 less minutes of sunlight on August 31st as there is on August 1st.

You'll start noticing cooler nights around August 20th.

Old 08-07-2008, 11:52 AM

15,852 posts, read 35,208,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mortimer View Post
Towanda

> I am looking forward to the arrival of cooler weather.

There are 60 less minutes of sunlight on August 31st as there is on August 1st.

You'll start noticing cooler nights around August 20th.
On the one hand I welcome the cooler weather just as you do. On the other hand, the shorter days are depressing. I hate waking up in the dark and driving home from work in the dark - spending the whole day at work! (of course weekends are still nice). But Fall is my favorite season, and I always look forward to it.

20yrsinBranson
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico