Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2006, 07:11 AM

617 posts, read 2,822,544 times

Advertisements

We are settling in Rio Rancho. I am a huge water polo gal..... I want my kids to get into it. Are there any club teams in the area for adults and kids? Does the highschool have a water polo program? What about swim teams? Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2006, 02:31 PM

15 posts, read 141,784 times
The High school has a swim team, but no natatorium to speak of; so there isn't an emphasis on water sports. As for the polo team, I couldn't tell you now but when I attended there in 2005 one did not exist. And, as far as I know, there isn't an indoor public pool in Rio, just two outdoor ones and one in Defined Fitness. Albuquerque is probably your best bet for water polo.

Old 08-28-2006, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stupac View Post
The High school has a swim team, but no natatorium to speak of; so there isn't an emphasis on water sports. As for the polo team, I couldn't tell you now but when I attended there in 2005 one did not exist. And, as far as I know, there isn't an indoor public pool in Rio, just two outdoor ones and one in Defined Fitness. Albuquerque is probably your best bet for water polo.
Thanx for the info..... atleast there is a swim team. So no recreation center in Rio Rancho with a pool? Bummer. Can anyone tell me if there are any water polo club teams in ABQ?

Old 08-28-2006, 08:27 PM

142 posts, read 731,846 times
Arrow Some good news for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
We are settling in Rio Rancho. I am a huge water polo gal..... I want my kids to get into it. Are there any club teams in the area for adults and kids? Does the highschool have a water polo program? What about swim teams? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Aquatics bond passes

By BETTA FERRENDELLI/OBSERVER MANAGING EDITOR

Voters Tuesday overwhelmingly approved a $7 million bond to build a new indoor aquatics center in Rio Rancho.

Unofficially, more than 67 percent of residents said yes to the measure; results were 4,694 votes in favor compared to 1,863 opposed. Votes will be canvassed Friday.

[CUT - COPYRIGHTED ARTICLE!]

Cheers...

Last edited by Administrator; 03-27-2007 at 12:40 AM.. Reason: [CUT - COPYRIGHTED ARTICLE!]

Old 08-29-2006, 01:42 AM

Thank you so much for the newspaper article informer! That makes me very happy!!! Being active in swimming and aquatics sports growing up, left me with a lot of great memories from my childhood. I really wanted my kids to have the same opportunities. Fabulous!!

Old 03-02-2007, 11:05 AM

2 posts, read 8,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calibelle View Post
Thank you so much for the newspaper article informer! That makes me very happy!!! Being active in swimming and aquatics sports growing up, left me with a lot of great memories from my childhood. I really wanted my kids to have the same opportunities. Fabulous!!
Phoenix has a water polo team.... Sundevilwaterpolo.org

Old 11-01-2011, 10:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,315 times
Yes there are two water polo teams in the state of New Mexico. Duke City Aquatics is a swimming and water polo team that functions out of three pools within the city of Albuquerque with water polo only being offered at it's West Mesa Aquatic Center branch. The other team is called the Albuquerque Water Polo Team and it practices off and on at both the West Mesa Aquatic Center and the Jewish Community Center. For more information about these teams please visit Duke City Aquatics :.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico