Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-30-2008, 01:17 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times

Advertisements

Harry, There are daily rates of 18 holes for $18 plus $12 for a cart if you want one. R-R, The water lines run down the streets and there is a meter set charge. If you own a lot you have to pay stand by water fee of $25 a year if you don't have a meter. As far as the lots for sale by the county like anywhere if you don't pay your taxes they will auction it off. I wish my home owners in Texas was what it is in NM. I pay $1600 here compared to $500 in Timberon for the same amount of coverage thru the same underwriter. Taxes here are about three times as high as there too. Hope to be there Feb. 8th. And spend our anniversary that week in the mountains.

David
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-30-2008, 03:38 PM

5,406 posts, read 13,278,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Canine*Castle,
To answer your questions, the drive from CC to Timberon is gorgeous and safe. Lots of bikers and bicyclists also.
The trash payment is somewhere around 4 bucks monthly, I think and is included in with your water bill which is around 20 bucks a month and a little more if there full time.
Our homeowners insurance is about the same in NM as it is here in Texas. Both places are a little over 600 bucks each per year.
I can't wait to see the drive from CC to T.

Right now, I'm paying $1,080 for H.O. insurance and only insured for $83,000. For trash and water, I'm paying about $54.

Old 01-31-2008, 08:46 PM

15 posts, read 75,488 times
Thank you all for the good clear answers. Nice to get the facts from locals Thanks again

Old 02-01-2008, 05:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbowrabbits View Post
Thank you all for the good clear answers. Nice to get the facts from locals Thanks again
I agree. What better way to find out about an area than to get honest information from people who live in or frequently visit the area.

Another question~~Do most of the people in the Timberon area keep their property and outside of homes well kept? There are so many people that use their yards, lots, acres, etc. for dumping grounds and leave their homes in dilapidated conditions, and it so takes away from the beauty of an area. I know all places have people that don't care (it surely is like that where I live in Texas), but it's something else from which I'd like to escape. Crazy question, I know, but it is of importance to me.

Old 02-01-2008, 07:05 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipeweld View Post
Harry, There are daily rates of 18 holes for $18 plus $12 for a cart if you want one.
David
Thanks for the info David.....and you also Songinthewind......

Old 02-01-2008, 07:19 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,625,047 times
Canine Castle.....I posted a video on here about 4 or 5 months back about 2 motorcyclists crusing from Sunspot to Cloudcroft along the Rim in the Mountains there. It's about 6 minutes long so grab a cup of coffee and check it out if you want as you can see the terrain of the area there to give you a feel as they stop at Cloudcroft at the end of the video.

I appologize for being redundant on posting this for the longtimers here who have seen this already but we are always getting new folks on our New Mexico threads who haven't seen this so this is for Canine Castle and other newcomers here.

See Lessdeth69 Ride in Cloudcroft, NM 2 of 2 - Channel: lessdeth69 on LiveVideo.com (http://www.livevideo.com/video/lessdeth69/331F754F6CF345478926C609CE4517BA/see-lessdeth69-ride-in-cloudcr.aspx - broken link)

Old 02-01-2008, 07:46 AM

1,063 posts, read 3,024,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canine*Castle View Post
Another question~~Do most of the people in the Timberon area keep their property and outside of homes well kept? There are so many people that use their yards, lots, acres, etc. for dumping grounds and leave their homes in dilapidated conditions, and it so takes away from the beauty of an area. I know all places have people that don't care (it surely is like that where I live in Texas), but it's something else from which I'd like to escape. Crazy question, I know, but it is of importance to me.
There are some homes up there that look bad, but others that look good. I think you will have that in any town. When you come up you can make your own judgement on this. I don't have that on my street, but around the corner yes. But it really doesn't bother me and I don't know why.
Jane

Old 02-01-2008, 01:29 PM

11,798 posts, read 25,189,686 times
In my opinion, it doesn't bother you because you figure it's their business, and you're a better person for it. Besides, if theirs look bad, it makes yours look all the better by comparison, if anyone is comparing.

Old 02-01-2008, 04:19 PM

550 posts, read 1,550,231 times
6'3-- I'am glad you posted this again !! I don't think I will ever get tired of watching it. Rainbow Rabbits, I looked at the listing on the Otero site last night, And the property is spread out to all areas. Some people have bought land years ago and never have done anything with it. I guess they just got tired of paying the taxes, or left it to some one that did not pay them. I worked with a fellow 20 years ago that his Dad had bought in Timberon and even looked at buying it from him 15 years ago. He still has it but never has done anything with it. Who knows ???

David

Old 02-01-2008, 04:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Canine Castle.....I posted a video on here about 4 or 5 months back about 2 motorcyclists crusing from Sunspot to Cloudcroft along the Rim in the Mountains there. It's about 6 minutes long so grab a cup of coffee and check it out if you want as you can see the terrain of the area there to give you a feel as they stop at Cloudcroft at the end of the video.

I appologize for being redundant on posting this for the longtimers here who have seen this already but we are always getting new folks on our New Mexico threads who haven't seen this so this is for Canine Castle and other newcomers here.

See Lessdeth69 Ride in Cloudcroft, NM 2 of 2 - Channel: lessdeth69 on LiveVideo.com (http://www.livevideo.com/video/lessdeth69/331F754F6CF345478926C609CE4517BA/see-lessdeth69-ride-in-cloudcr.aspx - broken link)
What a lovely ride! Thanks for posting this video of the very beautiful drive.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico