Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2007, 11:09 PM

96 posts, read 410,337 times

Advertisements

I thought it would be fun to start a thread with websites that people found useful when planning their move to NM. Below are just a few I've bookmarked, some of which were no doubt picked up from others on this list (thanks if so!):

New Mexico Magazine: New Mexico Magazine
(we subscribe and enjoy reading about the people and places)

Channel 4 News: KOB.com - Home - Eyewitness News 4 - Albuquerque and New Mexico News, Weather, Sports
Channel 7 News: Albuquerque News, New Mexico Breaking News, Weather & Sports - KOAT Albuquerque's Channel 7
Channel 13 News: KRQE - Albuquerque, New Mexico - News, Video, Weather Forecast, Sports, Community, Health, Homes | KBIM - KREZ | Home

Off the Road NM: Off the Road: Your Guide to New Mexico MainStreets
Just round this one tonite. "Off the Road is a transparently opinionated website focusing on shopping and dining in the downtowns of all 20 New Mexico MainStreet communities."

Main Tourist info: Welcome :: Plan a Trip, Explore NM, Travel Deals, Maps, calendar :: New Mexico Tourism Department
(can sign up for monthly email of news for visitors)

Explore Byways NM: New Mexico

ABQ Arts: :: albuquerqueARTS :: Albuquerque's monthly magazine of the arts :: ArtWork publishing and advertising ::
(If you like visiting art galleries, sign up for the email art news supplement at :: albuquerqueARTS :: Albuquerque's monthly magazine of the arts :: ArtWork publishing and advertising :: (http://www.abqarts.com/e-news.htm - broken link))
Moderator cut: linking to competitors sites is not allowed
Current Weather Summary for New Mexico:
MesoWest Weather Summary

Now it's your turn! Search your Bookmarks and submit your favorites!

Last edited by Yac; 01-09-2008 at 04:44 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2007, 11:34 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
I used Clayton New Mexico - Clayton Tourism Department - Sponsored by The Union County Leader which, was a bad choice, but I have since taken it over

North East New Mexico - Visitor's Guide to Northeast New Mexico - Civil War, Route 66, Maps, Recreation, Events (I now serve on the NENM Regional Tourism Board too!) Nothing like shameless self promotion eh.

New Mexico Net - New Mexico Net

City Data www.city-data.com :S

Old 08-31-2007, 07:56 AM

1,921 posts, read 5,622,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianH View Post
I used Clayton New Mexico - Clayton Tourism Department - Sponsored by The Union County Leader which, was a bad choice, but I have since taken it over

North East New Mexico - Visitor's Guide to Northeast New Mexico - Civil War, Route 66, Maps, Recreation, Events (I now serve on the NENM Regional Tourism Board too!) Nothing like shameless self promotion eh.

New Mexico Net - New Mexico Net

City Data www.city-data.com :S
Ah ha! So, I was right, that was you! I picked up a clue to that, I believe it was here on this forum, that made me think that you had a hand in that website. By the way, it's on my favorites list. Oh, and I just added the Northeast New Mexico/Visitor's Guide, and the New Mexico Net, to my favorite's as well, so I can read them later. Thank you.

Old 08-31-2007, 08:36 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
I use City-Data Forum a lot for all the useful information I get here from all of you!

I also check out the Santa Fe New Mexican newspaper site daily, as they have lots of news and features from Northern NM as well as stories of statewide interest.

New Mexico Magazine (linked in an above post) has also been a wonderful resource for us for years and years and we have gotten so much good from the articles, ads, and ideas for stuff to do.

Last edited by Towanda; 08-31-2007 at 09:19 AM..

Old 08-31-2007, 09:22 AM

3,011 posts, read 10,028,666 times
Hey Brian ~

I just checked out the Clayton website. What an awesome site.

Have you done much of the work on the design and content??? It's loaded with entertaining and informative stuff. GREAT WORK!!!

Old 08-31-2007, 10:19 AM
_yb

1,120 posts, read 5,290,269 times
An accurate place to keep track of Marty and his cronies:
Eye On Albuquerque

APS:
Diogenes'six

Old 08-31-2007, 12:15 PM

7,599 posts, read 18,410,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Towanda View Post
Hey Brian ~

I just checked out the Clayton website. What an awesome site.

Have you done much of the work on the design and content??? It's loaded with entertaining and informative stuff. GREAT WORK!!!

Thanks! I designed the website from the ground up. Took all the pictures, installed everything, has taken a LONG time to get where she is, recently even added a forum. Next on the list is a Highschool Alumni and a Jobs Database too.

Thanks!

Old 08-31-2007, 03:34 PM

150 posts, read 792,378 times
Everyone who enjoys City-data.com, should also take a look at TripAdvisor.com...very similar forums, and good "informed" answers. The latter is a little more "travel" oriented, but I've learned about restaurants, and unique shops here in Albuquerque, & New Mexico,that I didn't even know existed. Worth a look.

Old 08-31-2007, 06:11 PM

253 posts, read 1,740,729 times
Las Cruces Clicks has a lot of regional info for the Mesilla Valley - links to goverment offices, local organizations and groups, employment, etc.

Old 09-01-2007, 07:41 AM

1,872 posts, read 3,408,849 times
This guy (Jim Baca) writes a good blog. Lots of pretty pics too!

Only In New Mexico

Great links everyone! This thread is a keeper
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico