Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-09-2007, 02:13 PM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times

Advertisements

Well here it is at 2.00 P.M. in the afternoon in early September and its only 74 degrees (Weather Bug) and the wind has been brisk all day as that makes it feel like its in the 60's. So for those in the East Coast or Deep South at 90 degrees and 85 % Humidity or those in Arizona where its 100 plus temps you ought to be here.

I'll probably crash out tonight wearing a long sleeve sweatshirt....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2007, 08:18 PM

265 posts, read 873,484 times
Thanks to Harry O for the weather update. I am planning a visit to southern NM in mid Oct and hoping for nice cool weather. From what you say, it looks like the summer heat has broken in NM.

I do remember visiting Alb. when it was 92 and thinking that it really felt like 82. Am from Illinois, and the difference in humidity certainly does have an effect. Just wondered if you get lots of humidity during your rainy season in July and August??

Jim

Old 09-09-2007, 08:49 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by james57 View Post
I Just wondered if you get lots of humidity during your rainy season in July and August??
Jim
Jim,
Yes we get some humidity here in Alamo, but trust me its NOTHING like back in Ill. I grew up on the Rock River and when we are back there its on the Mississippi River.. But to you it would be nothing and everyone down here is having a humidity fit. But after you are here in the summer for a few years its fit time for me..LOL
Heard its getting cooler back there this week. YEA!!!
Its a small world, I grew up in Rock Falls, about 20 miles from where Jim lives.
Jane

Old 09-10-2007, 09:39 PM

4,468 posts, read 10,610,480 times
I had to change my upcoming visit from Sept to the end of October, hope it's cool then! It will be a nice change from 4 years of Florida falls and a year of Houston fall weather before that (as in, no Fall!).

Old 09-11-2007, 11:15 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,610,038 times
Quote:
Thanks to Harry O for the weather update. I am planning a visit to southern NM in mid Oct and hoping for nice cool weather. From what you say, it looks like the summer heat has broken in NM.
James you'll absolutely love it up in the Sacramento Mountains in October....

Old 09-11-2007, 03:47 PM

Harry O, I'm looking forward to that. Hope the color is good this year.

Jane , its in the 60's and windy today with low humidity. I'm loving it. Tonight's low is to be 38!!

Didn't realize you were originally from Rock Falls. I have been on the Illinois forum and we get the same negative comments there as I have seen on the NM forum about various towns. Can you believe there are people on the Illinois forum who call Dixon, Sterling, and Rock Falls full of crime, meth labs, gangs, bad schools, etc. Sound familiar? The funny thing is that its the locals who are dissing their own towns. Guess the grass is always greener somewhere else.

Jim

Old 09-11-2007, 03:56 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:

Jane , its in the 60's and windy today with low humidity. I'm loving it. Tonight's low is to be 38!!

Didn't realize you were originally from Rock Falls. I have been on the Illinois forum and we get the same negative comments there as I have seen on the NM forum about various towns. Can you believe there are people on the Illinois forum who call Dixon, Sterling, and Rock Falls full of crime, meth labs, gangs, bad schools, etc. Sound familiar? The funny thing is that its the locals who are dissing their own towns. Guess the grass is always greener somewhere else.

Jim
Chicago, Illinois (60601) Conditions & Forecast : Weather Underground

I hate those towns with a raging passion. If those towns were all I knew in IL, you could bet your butt Id be in NM too. lol Ive grown up in the Chicagoland area almost my whole life and wouldnt trade it for the world. I moved out to Dixon and could only handle it for a year, the town was that bad. I even lived out in the country in a gated community on a private lake in a log cabin and still couldnt handle Dixon. I moved back to the suburbs and breathed the biggest sigh of relief. NM is absolute paradise compared to Dixon/Sterling/Rock Falls. Trust me on that.

Old 09-11-2007, 03:59 PM

1,063 posts, read 3,023,554 times
Quote:

Jim
Jim,
In Timberon today, had a fire this Am to get the chill off.
Isn't that the truth ablut the grass is always greener... My daughter taught at Sterling for 5 years, so she new the good and bad. But its a lot of kids that just need attention that cause trouble, they want someone to care. MY OPINION....
Enjoy your weather....
Jane

Old 09-11-2007, 08:11 PM

Wow! This is to Steve o . Guess you are who I am talking about. I moved into that gated community outside Dixon you refer to back in 2002. Have lived here 5 years since moving out of the Romeoville area near Chicago.

There is no comparison between the two areas. Dixon has the Chicago area beat hands down. I love the country life and living away from the congestion of the big city life.

Guess its just the difference in lifestyle. I really didn't like Romeoville for me, but it never was terrible. On the other hand , you didn't like Dixon, but why say it was so terrible. Why not just say you didn't like it.

Let's be fair about our comments. That's all I ask.

Cheers

Jim
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico