Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-27-2012, 06:03 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,524,843 times

Advertisements

Thanks for that, kerenssa. I find that kind of information very useful. Sounds like Alamogordo would be a good fit for my wife and I and our 4 animals. I'm gonna check out that website, it looks interesting. Store selection seems fine. Thanks again!

The hospital is flying me down to El Paso then it's into a rental car later next week. A site visit doesn't always mean a job offer but...usually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-27-2012, 09:49 PM

55 posts, read 173,615 times
Good luck. The full moon tonight in Alamogordo, by the way, is stunning. Not too much light pollution here.

Old 11-28-2012, 12:49 PM

Yeah, I read about a Sunspot Solar Observatory up in the Sacramento Mountains that one can go to visit and that sounds interesting. This particular search (for a job that fits me) is going really well, I am going to continue searching for things about southern New Mexico and of course, Alamogordo in all excitement and earnestness. Thanks for your input, kerenssa, I appreciate it.

All thanks go to the Lord above!

Old 12-03-2012, 04:13 PM

I have my plane tickets (e-tickets, of course) in hand and I'm waiting for my hotel ticket as I type this out. The plan is moving along, of course I'll come on here and keep y'all updated as to what happens of it all! Dec.6th through Dec.8th trip south ta Alamogordo, NM, for a work-site visit and hopefully a job offer to follow that.

Old 12-03-2012, 08:07 PM

55 posts, read 173,615 times
Good luck!

Old 12-04-2012, 05:46 PM

Thanks, kerenssa. I checked out a library book from the Post Falls Library over here in Idaho about NM. Read up on the Alamogordo/Ruidoso area. Wow-now I am really hoping to get this gig and move on down there. Sounds like a beautiful mixture of trees, desert, mountains, rivers, lakes, golf courses, nuthouse(s), etc. Tee-hee, I read about the Pistachio Nut House tourist destination, we'll have ta check that out if we indeed are headin' down there. All the worry about medical NM state licensing, U-Hauls, housing, etc. will be sure to follow, for now I'm just enjoying the romantic part of getting ta know a brand new area and such. It'll all happen sooner or later, I'm getting older and excessive worrying about any of it never gets me anywhere, so I'm not gonna even go there!

Old 05-20-2013, 12:25 PM

26 posts, read 44,230 times
Default Alamogordo Bound?

Hi Elko & Kerrenssa...
Just wondering if Elko ever made it to this area???
Also if Kerrenssa got better internet???
My husband and I are fulltime RV'ers. We have a 37 foot Class A Motor Home...3 dogs & 3 cats.
Hubby is in his 17th year of teaching Band & Instrumental/Vocal music. Last year we moved all the way from El Centro, CA up to southeastern Montana for this teaching job. Town of 400 wasn't as much of a culture shock as the "gossip circles" were!!!
I couldn't say 1 little thing without it stabbing me in the back the very next day!!!!!
Anyway...most parents up here consider MUSIC...one of those AUTOMATIC EASY A subjects but hubby is a very 'fair' teacher & gave those kids what they deserved! Well, needless to say...it was just part of his "undoing" and so we're looking for bigger & better places to live & teach
In our searching for jobs...since Full Time (and even part time) RV'ers have quite a bit of flexibility...just in case he doesn't land another music teacher gig...we're looking into Work Camping & RV Workers as well!
One is in Alamogordo.
Internet is extremely important for us...he also watches movies & shows on NetFlix.
The weather or surrounding area is of some interest...but unsure of being so very close to a military base!
We know God is in charge...and will take us to where we're needed or can be good for Him...as long as we do that essential footwork.
It's great only having just a couple of bills as we live in "Charlie"...
So...WHICH internet service is The BEST?
Always loved New Mexico...but depending on where you are...conservatives may not be as welcomed as they are in Montana...at least that's what we've heard!
ANY other info would be greatly appreciated!!!
Schools out this week & by the 29th we'll be outta here
How's the Fellowship down there?!

God bless you all & thanks in advance for any & all suggestions.

Old 05-20-2013, 12:26 PM

Sorry about those misspellings Elkotronics & Kerenssa!

Peace...

Old 05-20-2013, 01:57 PM

Pawsforbarker - we made it here in January! So far the experience has been good. We go with Centurylink high-speed internet. I rent a modem from them monthly for a small fee. Service has been good and the signal pretty much continues on uninteruppted. You might consider looking in to CenturyLink for service.

Old 05-20-2013, 02:35 PM

Thanks Elkotronics...how do you like it so far?
Does it matter where one lives as far as there being any better reception?
What about cell phone service?
Who are the best providers with the best reception?
BTW...that's "P"arker even though we DO get a bunch of the others during a day lolol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico