Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-19-2013, 04:33 PM

7,940 posts, read 9,524,843 times

Advertisements

However, this section shall not be applicable to a purchaser purchasing for resale.

That's the sentence that brings it all back down ta reality.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2013, 08:38 AM

471 posts, read 978,804 times
Coming from midwest areas that always had limits on sales, to encourage you to buy all the non-sale stuff too, it is interesting to see the no-limits way of things here in NM. At our local Walgreens, when they have a sale on candy bars, it is very common to see people swarm in and buy all they can grab and more, even the entire boxes of candy. An employee told me they had a sale on ground coffee recently and people were waiting outside when they opened. The entire stock was sold out within 20 minutes!! I learned I have to get there early if I want any of the bargains, but it is usually worth it!

Old 03-20-2013, 10:42 AM

1,741 posts, read 2,634,329 times
I've always noticed that provision in the Walgreens ads (and it's often been of benefit to me). They also used to list Utah as a state where there'd be no limits, but that stopped within about the last two years. Until reading this thread I always thought it was just the policy of the Walgreens stores in New Mexico rather than a requirement under the law. I also never knew that the ads we got here were the same as ones in far-off parts of the country. I always assumed they were printed and tailored to different regions in the U.S. Some ads for other stores (as well as the newspaper magazines) even have the newspapers they are to be a supplement of listed on the back. Usually they are regional in nature (Arizona, Utah, Colorado, California, Texas) but a couple of times I've noticed newspapers in Florida listed.

Edited to add that I've also been noticing this provision being mentioned in other ads lately. Target is the one that sticks out in my mind the most.

One thing that I wish we had here in New Mexico is a provision/law for instant rebates at the register. Florida and New York State as well as a few specific cities are places that I see most often mentioned as places where instant rebates will be given rather than the normal process of mailing in your proof of purchase and a rebate form. Occasionally, though, I have seen those places specifically excluded from the rebate offer, so it's not always a good thing. Still, I'd much rather get my rebate immediately rather than having to wait about six weeks (usually) for it to arrive in the mail.

Last edited by ABQalex; 03-20-2013 at 10:55 AM..

Old 03-20-2013, 11:05 AM

26,527 posts, read 51,845,029 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ABQalex View Post
One thing that I wish we had here in New Mexico is a provision/law for instant rebates at the register.
That is up to the vendor. COSTCO has a lot of instant rebates.

Old 11-24-2013, 03:13 PM

2 posts, read 3,152 times
I live in NM, and Walgreens is the only company I am aware of that is strictly following this wonderful law. Smiths, Albertsons and CVS definitely don't although annoying the manager on each event will usually induce him/her to give you "an exception."

Old 12-16-2013, 12:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,520 times
If your going too quote the law you best know it is what i say the law strictly states there is a law saying no merchant can limit quantity unless the merchant has reason too believe the items are going too be purchased for resale.

Old 12-16-2013, 12:57 PM

2 posts, read 3,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.noitall View Post
If your going too quote the law you best know it is what i say the law strictly states there is a law saying no merchant can limit quantity unless the merchant has reason too believe the items are going too be purchased for resale.
mr.noital: While I completely agree with your statement I am unclear as to whom it was directed. A very quick rereading of the posts doesn't help me to figure out what sparked your desire to make this point.

Last edited by EdIsenberg; 12-16-2013 at 01:42 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico