Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-16-2008, 07:10 PM

1,082 posts, read 4,721,079 times

Advertisements

Yep, I love Capulin Volcano. I also love the loop south of Taos to the small Pueblo there in the mountains, you can make a reservation and they will give you a guided tour ending at the restaurant next to the fishing pond.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2008, 08:31 PM

4,994 posts, read 5,304,844 times
I've been to a lot of the places already mentioned.

I'd love
-to go back to Clayton Lake and see the dinosaur footprints
-to go to Ft. Sumner and see the Billy the Kid stuff
-to go see the petroglyhs near Albuqurque that aren't 'nuetered'
-go to Hatch for the chile festival
-go pinon nut gathering
-observe the big balloon fesitval
-see the sites in Santa Rosa

Old 02-16-2008, 11:34 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,037,617 times
ruidoso is a nice spot to enjoy the cool air and get up in the mountains,I call it the durango of New Mexico and Ute Lake in Logan is a nice place to relax.

Last edited by desert sun; 02-16-2008 at 11:44 PM..

Old 02-17-2008, 12:15 PM

382 posts, read 1,228,267 times
Some of my family favorites:

(note, some are overnighters from Abq)

Dixon Farms in the fall.

La Luz trail.

Spence Hot Springs, Jemez.

Picnic / fish Fenton Lake

Bishops Lodge for brunch and a hike.

North 14 to Santa Fe. Stop in Madrid.

Hillsboro Harvest.

Hike the East Fork of the Jemez.

The tunnels in Jemez - locals know what I'm talking about.

Looking for arrowheads in Tecolote

Silver City - hike the ruins.

Acoma Sky City

White Sands

Grand Quivera ruins - nice hike

Drive the Enchanted Circle - stay the night in Red River. Fish the private ponds.

Cimmaron.

Pecos - hike to the glacier lakes.

I could go on all day...pack up the gets, get out there, and have fun.

Old 02-18-2008, 01:29 PM

946 posts, read 3,268,259 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by esya View Post
Yep, I love Capulin Volcano. I also love the loop south of Taos to the small Pueblo there in the mountains, you can make a reservation and they will give you a guided tour ending at the restaurant next to the fishing pond.
Have you been to that pueblo recently? Last time we was there, the signs were still up, but the restaurant was closed and the fishing pond was half empty. We met the lieutenant governor, though, and he was very accommodating and tours were still available. We were very hungry though and drove on to Sugar's BBQ in Embudo. Another time we went and a group was visiting and they had opened the restaurant for them. They let us join in, but it was tacos (very good) or nothing. Maybe it is all open again since we were there?

From Santa Fe, a scenic round trip is the high road to Taos and the low road back. (Or vice versa) It is only short detour to that pueblo. Remember when visiting any pueblo check in first at the Visitor's office or with the Governor or Lt. Governor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico