Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2007, 10:49 PM

233 posts, read 835,293 times

Advertisements

Hi-
Is The International UFO Museum & Research Center-Roswell Worth the Drive from Dallas??

I've been to Roswell once (2004) on the way to Carlsbad Caverns & Big Bend Region of TX. I skipped the UFO Museum on the advice of a friend who toured it in 2002 & said it's absolutely not worth it!! I trust him but just am wondering you Roswell dwellers' thoughts.

Thanks,
fallguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 07:31 PM

3 posts, read 13,426 times
Definitely not worth it. If you were driving through Roswell and had time to kill, it would be fine. But is not worth the drive or money if your only reason to go was the museum. I lived there as a teenager about 7 years ago.

Old 12-03-2007, 02:06 AM

11,798 posts, read 25,175,776 times
I would like to see it too just out of curiosity, but I can't see how it could be worth a special trip unless you're just nuts about that sort of thing.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:41 PM

775 posts, read 2,587,352 times
Default UFO Museum In Roswell

I was at the UFO museum in Roswell about 4 months ago with my two Grandaughters in 5 and 6th grade and they liked it and took pictures inside the Museum. The Pictures of the UFO Mural on the Wall and then they have some lifelike figures of doctors operating on an Alien plus lots of Pictures on the Walls of UFOs and lots of reading Material plus a Room to View all kinds of Videos. If you plan on visiting Roswell plan your trip on other places to sight see like the Caverns the Million Dollar museum at White city and the Botanical Gardens. Theres all kinds of Stores around the UFO museum with all kinds of Stuff to buy or look at. Soon Roswell will be building an over 100 million dollar UFO Park. And Santa Rosa N.M. 100 miles to the North is soon going to become a Tourist Haven with its great Restaurants and Lakes and River and Blue Hole and the Park Lake the Biggest Swimming pool in the World. Two boating lakes one north and one south of Santa Rosa. el pintada kid

Old 03-01-2008, 06:52 PM

233 posts, read 835,293 times
Thank you to all respondents.

I can't see myself returning to Roswell unless it was in connection with Ruidoso which I've not seen yet.

My friend was correct...there's no way the alien museum is worth it, even tho we were in Roswell once (11.13.04) on the way from Lubbock to Albuquerque to Santa Fe to Carlsbad Caverns to Big Bend Region, TX & back to Lubbock...a "mere" 1300-miles in 43 hours...back in the dorm at TX TECH at 3:30 AM & church the next morning at FBC Lubbock at 9:30 AM which was killer but totally worth it!!

Old 03-05-2008, 07:59 PM

522 posts, read 1,429,460 times
Default Roswell, UFO Museum

Hey Fallguy,
Well, here's my pics, and now you've seen it!
I have to say that I liked the town of Roswell alot more than I thought I would..
Pattie
Attached Thumbnails
Is The International UFO Museum & Research Center-Roswell Worth the Drive from Dallas??-hpim1319a.jpg   Is The International UFO Museum & Research Center-Roswell Worth the Drive from Dallas??-hpim1319b.jpg   Is The International UFO Museum & Research Center-Roswell Worth the Drive from Dallas??-hpim1320.jpg   Is The International UFO Museum & Research Center-Roswell Worth the Drive from Dallas??-hpim1324.jpg   Is The International UFO Museum & Research Center-Roswell Worth the Drive from Dallas??-hpim1329.jpg  

Is The International UFO Museum & Research Center-Roswell Worth the Drive from Dallas??-hpim1331.jpg  

Old 03-05-2008, 08:58 PM

111 posts, read 238,061 times
The Roswell Museum and Art Center might be worth the trip, but I wouldn't say the UFO Museum would be worth it.

Roswell's a very nice place to live - but not that exciting to visit (though you're not far from the mountains).

Old 03-06-2008, 04:59 AM

41,479 posts, read 59,756,720 times
Any New Mexico museum is (IMHO) worth a trip from Dallas. Particularly if you don't go back.

I have heard the Roswell city museum has Dr. Robert Goddard’s machine shop on display. He invented liquid fueled rockets. That is a place I would like to see. One of his first rockets, tested outside Worcester, MA, is on display at the Space History Museum in Alamogordo.

Old 03-07-2008, 06:11 PM

212 posts, read 689,017 times
Yeah, the UFO Museum is not worth it at all. I was extremely disappointed by it, as most of the pictures/articles they have displayed can easily be found on the internet or in books from your local library. Ultimately, we wound up driving two hours west to spend the rest of our day at White Sands instead. Now that was worth it!

Old 03-07-2008, 10:07 PM

1,483 posts, read 1,808,126 times
It was like a high school gym with cubbys divided by subjects, with pictures and newspaper clipping. I was very disappointed in it, but yet I also liked it for the cheesy effect too it is small town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico