Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-12-2007, 07:01 AM

6 posts, read 36,787 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]Good Morning.. I'll be in Taos for the week of Christmas and thought it a good idea to check for ATT/Cingular coverage in the area. The ATT site indicates coverage is available via a partner network, so if that's the case I'm looking at $0.79 per minute roaming charges. Can anyone in the area confirm the coverage for Rancho de Taos, Taos, etc.? I read the thread regarding Angelfire and that may have already answered the question. Ron[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]PS: You NM folks are right about the "location" jokes. I chatted with ATT customer support and ask about Taos. They referred me to the international plan! I said "it's New Mexico USA" and she again referred me to the international plan. I then said "I'm not interested in the international plan, NM is a state and it's between Texas and Arizona". After a pause of about two minutes, she said "oh, I'm sorry". Go figure [/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-16-2007, 10:56 AM

18 posts, read 95,110 times
I'm sorry, I don't know about At&T or Cingular coverage in Taos, I lived there for five years and everyone had Verizon or Alltell. I'm sure with roaming agreements you'll get coverage, you'll just be paying a hefty price for it.

Old 12-16-2007, 11:28 AM

10,203 posts, read 27,118,785 times
Sorry here, too. I had Verizon and had very good coverage in Taos and Ranchos and probably throughout New Mexico. I do know several friends had no coverage from some providers, but can't say if they were ATT.

Old 03-16-2008, 04:02 PM

1 posts, read 6,779 times
Default Boost/Nextel/Sprint coverage isn't so hot

When my wife and I visited Taos last year, we had pretty crummy luck with our Boost cell phones (which are supposed to use the same coverage map as Nextel and Sprint). We aren't crazy about their TV ads, but Boost cell phones have worked out to be the absolutely cheapest ones we've ever owned. Coverage hasn't been a problem for travel throughout the metropolitan Denver and Colorado Springs areas, or through all but the most rural parts of Louisiana (very good coverage wherever there's an Interstate highway or large waterway there).

Our Boost phones ($20 a piece on clearance at Target) also have built-in GPS chips, the Digital 911 feature, and can even be used as hand-held GPS map systems for a small daily charge - or give you your location to within about 5 yards for free if you have a US Geographic Survey map (or another one which is marked off in degrees, minutes and seconds of longitude and latitude, or have access to Google Earth).

We stayed at the Best Western Kachina Inn (in Taos, on the edge of town) and had no coverage in the kitchenette part of the room, but good coverage between the windows and the bed. (Otherwise, it was a splendid place to stay, for those considering it.) Then, on our way back north through Colorado, driving past the ski resort district, we hadn't any coverage at all until we hit Pueblo, even after getting onto the Interstate.

I know that doesn't help the original questioner, but I'm posting this for other Boost users' information.

Old 07-12-2012, 07:55 PM

1,325 posts, read 4,197,167 times
Default Is ATT cell coverage good in Taos?

How is cellular coverage on ATT in Taos?

I checked their coverage map and it shows the highest level of signal for Taos, however, after googling I saw sporadic reports that it wasn't so good.

Old 07-13-2012, 05:39 AM

3,689 posts, read 9,183,515 times
It's worked ok for me, but the conventional wisdom from the TaoseƱos I know is that it's quite poor. They all insist on Verizon if I recall correctly.

Old 07-14-2012, 09:51 AM

Have you tried the AT&T in Taos recently?

I am gonna be staying for a month about 1 mile from downtown Taos and wondering how coverage will be.

Old 07-15-2012, 07:15 PM

27 posts, read 52,614 times
I have T-mobile and recently visited the area for 3 days, service was horribly spotty, worked the best Downtown Taos. My 2 other friends had Cricket and Verizon which both had spotty service.

Old 07-18-2012, 09:29 AM

I can't believe Taos has such horrible cell service.

Old 07-21-2012, 08:13 AM

3,763 posts, read 8,752,166 times
We get OK cell service with Verizon in Taos when we come down from our cabin, as long as nobody shoots the fiber optics!

Gunshot blamed for Taos cell phone, Internet outage - The Taos News: Home
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
View detailed profiles of: