Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2015, 12:33 PM

5,668 posts, read 6,615,619 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenchili View Post
Its supposed to be in the 70s here today,and sunny... I think we will stay too.
Ha! Not so here! It will all be melted soon though...
Attached Thumbnails
Best area for me?-ruidoso_camera_01_13_15.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2015, 12:18 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,277,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
Ha! Not so here! It will all be melted soon though...
Wow,,brrr! We were there couple summers ago to catch a flying J ranch show. Loved it! It is beautiful up there. But winters... Hey,at least the streets are clear!

Last edited by Greenchili; 01-14-2015 at 12:20 PM.. Reason: add

Old 01-15-2015, 09:13 AM

1,801 posts, read 2,250,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rruff View Post
I've lived in S CA also, but around LA rather than San Diego. I think San Diego would have been incredible 40 years ago, but it's just overgrown and overpriced now. The climate is certainly good IMO, but there are many reasons why a person might want to leave. Traffic, cost of living, and air pollution (unless you were on the coast) would top my list.
We'll be moving from Gallup area, and will probably relocate to ABQ late this summer. But there is a small chance that San Diego might be a possibility. The weather there.......wow. And real actual water! And air lush with oxygen and not super-thin due to elevation.
But as a teacher and a secretary formerly from the Midwest (with paychecks from those jobs), thinking we'd do better to stay in NM. Don't know how teachers and secretaries even pull it off financially in San Diego.

Old 01-15-2015, 01:14 PM

1,318 posts, read 5,277,627 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kpl1228 View Post
We'll be moving from Gallup area, and will probably relocate to ABQ late this summer. But there is a small chance that San Diego might be a possibility. The weather there.......wow. And real actual water! And air lush with oxygen and not super-thin due to elevation.
But as a teacher and a secretary formerly from the Midwest (with paychecks from those jobs), thinking we'd do better to stay in NM. Don't know how teachers and secretaries even pull it off financially in San Diego.
San Diego would be a tough one..plus.. I don't like large cities. We live in Lompoc,which is quiet and right near the beach. Good prices too. Weve been here 14 yrs. Its been good to us!

Old 01-16-2015, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Wow,,brrr! We were there couple summers ago to catch a flying J ranch show. Loved it! It is beautiful up there. But winters... Hey,at least the streets are clear!
Nah, it's nice. A little snow, and today it's sunny and >50F, and supposed to be like that til next Wed.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:16 PM

Quote:
San Diego would be a tough one..plus.. I don't like large cities. We live in Lompoc,which is quiet and right near the beach. Good prices too. Weve been here 14 yrs. Its been good to us!
Sorta wish we'd bought something there a couple years ago when they bottomed. Probably the only time in my life when it would have been possible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico