Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-01-2008, 07:08 PM

4,552 posts, read 15,032,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by droys View Post
Anyone who listens to the news knows that sex offenders live in every town in America. Some areas are worse than others. I agree it's good info to have been I wouldn't condemn a town due to this information. I think this poster just doesn't like Clovis. And that is his right. I am not sure what made him feel this way but I am sure that he is passing judgement on a lot of good people there. Crime is no worse there than any other town.

for your last sentence--yes crime is worse than other towns, not all but some of them, I know alot of people who hate Clovis since Im from that area so I understand why they hate it, people there are just so bored they have nothing to do, I use to hear the elders say that these kids need something to do here.

I think some of those sex offenders might be involving guys and high-school teens, all ages party together so you get the picture.

anyways there are parts of Clovis I like and most of it I dont care for but that is just my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2008, 09:14 PM

486 posts, read 843,302 times
Try growing up in a town of around 7,500..talk about booooring!!!

We didn't get our first McDonalds till my Senior year in High School back in 1987...

I am looking forward to moving to Clovis and using the base facilities as I have earned them serving my country for the past 20+ years!

My future step-kids are doing well and have never been in trouble, so I think they enjoy Clovis. Heck, they don't know any different.

Old 08-01-2008, 09:24 PM

486 posts, read 843,302 times
Here is what is kinda funny about the ratio of sex offenders in Clovis as opposed to the "Nice & Wonderful" city near the AFB they talk about in Florida:

From city-data.com

According to our research there were 83 registered sex offenders living in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in early 2007. The ratio of number of residents in Fort Walton Beach to the number of sex offenders is 238 to 1

According to our research there were 40 registered sex offenders living in Clovis, New Mexico in early 2007. The ratio of number of residents in Clovis to the number of sex offenders is 834 to 1.

Old 08-06-2008, 05:14 PM

11 posts, read 94,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxkicker View Post
Here is what is kinda funny about the ratio of sex offenders in Clovis as opposed to the "Nice & Wonderful" city near the AFB they talk about in Florida:

From city-data.com

According to our research there were 83 registered sex offenders living in Fort Walton Beach, Florida in early 2007. The ratio of number of residents in Fort Walton Beach to the number of sex offenders is 238 to 1

According to our research there were 40 registered sex offenders living in Clovis, New Mexico in early 2007. The ratio of number of residents in Clovis to the number of sex offenders is 834 to 1.
Yes, Florida has been known to have higher number of sex offenders, i don't know why exactly

Old 08-09-2010, 05:31 PM

5 posts, read 19,584 times
I have just looked at 30 or 40 towns scattered through N. Texas, SE Colorado, NE New Mexico, W Oklahoma, W Kansas, and sex offenders = 1/450 isn't bad. There were several towns in Colorado where the ratio was 1 in 200 or 1 in 250.

Old 08-10-2010, 06:05 AM

433 posts, read 1,143,666 times
We lived in a small town in west central Illinois that had a population around 900 people and we had 3 registered sex offenders in town. It is getting worse as people allow themselves to think about rotten practices. Before long we will be hearing that it's "normal" or that they were born that way and they can't help themselves. If you dismiss rotten thoughts from your mind immediately they can't breed.

Old 08-10-2010, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phawk57 View Post
We lived in a small town in west central Illinois that had a population around 900 people and we had 3 registered sex offenders in town. It is getting worse as people allow themselves to think about rotten practices. Before long we will be hearing that it's "normal" or that they were born that way and they can't help themselves. If you dismiss rotten thoughts from your mind immediately they can't breed.

I agree, I think with how progressive this country is becoming, that it will be common for older men and women to prey on youngsters, and it will be looked at as normal feeling or instinct.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:09 PM
JBM

567 posts, read 1,099,120 times
I don't know how seriously I take sex offenders list... I've heard people who get caught streaking or urinating in public may have to file as sex offenders... I wouldn't call those folks dangerous at all.

Old 08-11-2010, 06:06 AM

471 posts, read 977,859 times
Always had a problem with branding a criminal or offender of any type with a permanent "label" after they had served and completed whatever sentence was given to them by the Court System. Unless you want every criminal living on government aid forever, we all need to give them a chance to have a place to live, get a job, pay taxes, etc etc. If they break the law again, then it is up to the Court System to figure it out.. The days of branding the scarlet letter are, or should be, long gone.

Old 08-11-2010, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CountryCarr View Post
Always had a problem with branding a criminal or offender of any type with a permanent "label" after they had served and completed whatever sentence was given to them by the Court System. Unless you want every criminal living on government aid forever, we all need to give them a chance to have a place to live, get a job, pay taxes, etc etc. If they break the law again, then it is up to the Court System to figure it out.. The days of branding the scarlet letter are, or should be, long gone.
I agree, but usually sex offenders dont learn from their mistakes,its more like a disease,they got it bad and they cant help themselves. Its like someone who falls in love with someone, you cant controll your feelings.

You can send them to prison but it dosent rehabilitate them, but it does keep them off the streets. Sex Offenders are the only people I believe who should carry the label,and only for serious crimes, not a 20 y/o boyfriend doing it with his 17 y/o girlfriend.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico