Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2008, 08:59 AM

215 posts, read 840,942 times

Advertisements

Yeah, it's small but fully functional. Also, for health food, there's the Wild Herb in Ruidoso. Not as big as the Pantry but quite good also.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2008, 10:05 AM

9,191 posts, read 21,902,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Cathy.....have you been to the NM MVD office in Alamo yet. Just wondering if it's a nightmare there as i've heard some of the locations outside of Albuquerque are bad or super long wait times. There's is one in Tularosa so i probably would go there if i move back to Alamo.

But i really like the MVD Express offices up here as yeah you have to pay an extra 15 dollars for auto tags etc...but i have never been in there longer than 10 minutes and they are also friendly as it is a business and not state employees.
Yes, I went and got my tags/license in October. The line was to the outside, and it took me an hour or so to finish the entire thing, including transferring/printing out my new title, etc. It wasn't fun, but not what I'd call a nightmare. I doubt it would take as long for someone who was already a resident.

As I understand it, they are making changes to the process, where licenses will be done from a central point. There was an article about same in the ADN a couple of months ago. As my tags are 2 years and my DL 8, I didn't pay that much attention.

That brings me to a question I have for you. I have seen newer vehicles with obviously older, weatherbeaten tags on them (illegal??). Does that mean that you take the tags off and transfer them to a new vehicle? A new law concerning that was recently passed in Texas, so I was wondering. I had always left the tags on the vehicle when I traded it in in Texas.

So....what's the deal with New Mexico on that?

Old 01-10-2008, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by songinthewind7 View Post
Nature's Pantry sounds like a nice place.
Walmart doesn't sell any organic type foods so I was just wondering. Fresh veggies would be nice also and the organic milk is a must. Meats would be nice to have too.
Harry, any of this stuff up in Albuquerque you can recommend? We'll be up that way on occasion to visit Charlie's mom.
No bites on our house yet. Things are dead here in real estate.
I didn't notice milk or meats, but that doesn't mean they don't have them. I'll look next time I'm in.

RE in Texas tends to be very slow Jan/Feb, but picks up in late March. Here it can be quite busy because of the military. Hang in there.....I know it's very frustrating.

Old 01-10-2008, 11:09 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,665,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post

That brings me to a question I have for you. I have seen newer vehicles with obviously older, weatherbeaten tags on them (illegal??). Does that mean that you take the tags off and transfer them to a new vehicle? A new law concerning that was recently passed in Texas, so I was wondering. I had always left the tags on the vehicle when I traded it in in Texas.

So....what's the deal with New Mexico on that?
Not 100% sure on transfering your plates and thats because i have a personalised plate that i pay extra for so i have been able to transfer my plate for years as long as i keep my plate and pay the extra money.

Old 01-10-2008, 12:49 PM

7,395 posts, read 19,364,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cathy4017 View Post
I didn't notice milk or meats, but that doesn't mean they don't have them. I'll look next time I'm in.

RE in Texas tends to be very slow Jan/Feb, but picks up in late March. Here it can be quite busy because of the military. Hang in there.....I know it's very frustrating.
It's scary eating all the garbage from China and Mexico and the meats and the milk shot up with hormones and not telling what else they do with it.
I had a case of bad food poisoning a couple years ago with Walmart meat and I don't want to go through with that again.
Thanks also Jecc for chiming in. I knew there was a health food store in Ruidoso but wasn't sure if it was closed down or not. The last time we were there, it wasn't open.
I'm trying to get some ideas on where to get organic or fresh foods.

Old 01-10-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
Not 100% sure on transfering your plates and thats because i have a personalised plate that i pay extra for so i have been able to transfer my plate for years as long as i keep my plate and pay the extra money.
Oh, OK....guess I'll find out when I get ready to trade mine back in....but I'll buy it in Texas at my regular dealer when the time comes!

Old 01-10-2008, 04:55 PM

Quote:
It's scary eating all the garbage from China and Mexico and the meats and the milk shot up with hormones and not telling what else they do with it.
I had a case of bad food poisoning a couple years ago with Walmart meat and I don't want to go through with that again.
Thanks also Jecc for chiming in. I knew there was a health food store in Ruidoso but wasn't sure if it was closed down or not. The last time we were there, it wasn't open.
I'm trying to get some ideas on where to get organic or fresh foods.
I was in Walmart, and I noticed Horizon (Organic CO brand) and at least one other organic brand for both milk and yogurt. I use the yogurt as my starter for homemade, since I have to order my starter...and they're currently out of stock!

I know what you mean about the food.....

Old 01-11-2008, 04:45 PM

Thanks for checking, Cathy.
What kind of starter are you talking about?
If it's a bread starter, will you please share that with me?

Old 01-11-2008, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Thanks for checking, Cathy.
What kind of starter are you talking about?
If it's a bread starter, will you please share that with me?
The starter I was referring to was for yogurt. I used a probiotic starter from Yogormet, but they are out of stock at the moment, so I have been using the Horizon with live cultures as a starter.

I have been looking for a good sourdough starter myself, but the one I used to use....I'm not that impressed with it.

If I find one, I will certainly let you know!!

Old 01-13-2008, 04:22 PM

If I find a good one, I'll share it with you.

We're planning on coming up there in March.
There's a gal named Eileen Ivers playing at the Spencer theatre in Ruidoso. She's been called the Jimi Hendrix of the violin. We hope to see her in concert.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Mexico